• In the Spotlight:

Natural Sleep Aids?

Just wondering anyone knows of any natural sleep aid that work. I have a really hard time falling asleep, once I do, I'm fine. I don't like to take medications in general, so figured I would look for something more natural. Plus I'm so afraid of taking something because I'm at home alone with the boys at night and afraid I'll be knocked out in an emergency! I tried taking Unisom once and it was horrible. I was completely out of it for 12 hrs! Tylenol PM helps, but I know it's not good to take that regularly.

mom2XandZ

Asked by mom2XandZ at 2:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Health

• Melatonin its a all natural sleep aide you can find it at walmart its over where all the vitamins are. its the chemical your body naturally releases that makes us sleepy. they come in 2mg, 4mg, 6 or 8mg tablets. if you take just two at night befor you go to bed it helps you fall sleep and you wont be knocked out cold.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I drink a class of warm milk. The doctor told me it's a natural sedative. I don't like it at all but it works great. My teenagers also drink it when they can't sleep.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Warm milk. Chamomile tea. Marijuana. Lavender.
    Anonymous

• Magnesium.
    Anonymous