So I guess she isnt planning on her baby growing ...

So i made a post some time ago .. about how my SIL " knows it all" about having a baby and being pregnant ( she is pregnant with her first) ... ** I also want to add the reason i am making a second post is because, besides gritting my teeth to put up with her, "ranting" about it makes it less stressful to put with her**

( I wrote about how she will ask advice but will argue with my answer... and thinks things like - her baby will be born after her due date because her mom had her at 43 weeks) ...

Ok well she and my brother have only bought 2 outfits for the baby ( for at the hospital) and one pair of sandals... My mom gave them 2 large bags full of newborns size ( and maybe 3 or 4 that are size 3 months) ...

Ok well my cousin who also has a little girl asked me to ask her if she wanted all of the girly clothes she has outgrown ( so it would be sizes 3-6 months and 6-9 months) ... also the fact that the baby clothes she is being gifted are mainly name-brand expensive and very well taken care of....

Well SIL refused them because " she doesnt need any more clothes" ... And I could understand this reasoning IF they had the money to purchase more baby clothes in a few months when the baby will definatly outgrow the smaller clothes, or IF they didnt have a ton of extra space to store the boxes of clothing...but that isnt how it is, they never have any extra money ( she often complains about how she cant buy anything else for the baby) , and they not only have a basement, attic, they also have 2 spare bedrooms that is now houseing boxes as well ( so a couple more shouldnt matter)... this point is she thinks she wont needs any other clothes for a longggg time.

So anyways after she said that she didnt need any other clothes, I asked if she still only has the newborn size clothes and she said yeah,a nd she said they will wait till christmas to get the bigger clothes ( so its ok to be gifted with clothes then, but not now) ... I say back " well the baby will probably need the bigger size clothes before then" her reply " no she will be tiny, because I was so tiny when I was born" ...

My brother came over later to pick something up and I told him about the clothes and he said he will just sneek them into the attic because even he knows a baby is sure to grow !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• eye rollingwow,she's in for QUITE a surprise! Wouldn't it be hilarious if the baby came out being 9-10 lbs!?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• you need to ease up on your sister in law. So she's excited about her first kid and thinks she has it all figured out. Do you know a single woman who didn't feel at least a little defensive about her first pregnancy? Honestly. The first pregnancy is so nieve that the mom usually thinks they need the newest and best of everything. So what if she doesn't want all hand-me-downs, even if they are really nice. Its her life and her baby- not yours.

Every first time mom goes through a major learning curve after the baby is born. Things that are obvious in hindsight don't even cross your mind while you're preparing for your first child. Cut this girl some slack and mind your own damn business!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• The point is she calls and texts me ... SEVERAL times a day ( at one point it was an every hour thing) ASKING me about the baby stuff...

and then she will argue about the answer...

like I said, I complain on here so I dont act annoyed at her...

and of course I know how first mothers are, after all I was one !.

Also, like I said, it isnt the fact that they are hand me downs, it is the fact that she said the baby wont fit into anything bigger than 0-3 months before chrsitmas... she is due very soon, so of course the baby will need a bigger size by then... she expects US to buy all of these clothes at that time..so of course I want her to take the free ones now !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughterHa ha! A 6 month old in a 0-3 month size clothes!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I'd prefer you come here and gripe and piss and moan about her than blow up in the poor girl's face! She probably KNOWS the baby will grow, she's just not thinking. And when baby turns 1 month old, and the 0-3m are too small, she's going to thank her husband for thinking ahead and going ahead and getting those cloths!

And Butterflyblue, I wouldn't laugh TOO hard. My middle daughter was still in 0-3m clothing at 6 months (she was full term, but very tiny). So, its possible :P But yeah, for average baby to still be in that size at that age is laughable ;)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• At least your brother has some sense. Do your best to bite your tongue NOW, and have rolling fits of laughter LATER when she realizes what a little idiot she's being. Not to her face of course, but still have them.

Good luck and feel free to vent to my inbox if necessary. I'm an excellent listener.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• @butterflyblue19 - it's not impossible, my second born daughter was full term but very petite - she was stilling wearing 0-3 months at 6 months old and 12 months when she was 2. She's 5 1/2 years old now and can still fit in 2T shorts and 3T skirts and she wears 4/5 pants but the waist is way too big but anything smaller doesn't fit the length of her legs.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Eh, I would just let her live and learn. Stop making it YOUR cause. You're absolutely right. Just sit back and enjoy the show.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2011