At what age did you start allowing family members to take your LO overnight?

My daughter is 5 months.. and I don't think I could handle her being away for a night.. judge if you will.. but that's how "I" feel :)

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 9:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids will be 6 and 9 this month. So far, I only let my almost 9 year old stay with my sister one night, when he was 3 years old and my youngest had just been born. It's just not something I'm comfortable with.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My son is almost 3 years old and I STILL haven't...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• with my first 2 weeks old, with my second (she is now 2.5 mo) she spent one night away from me just once so far, when I was in the hospital with appendicitis when she was 6 weeks old
    Anonymous

• My parents kept my oldest overnight when he was 8 months old.

Answer by missanc at 9:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My daughter was staying the night over at my moms at 3 months old. That was my limit, I didnt want her gone over night before then. And I dont judge you. It was pure agony having her gone over night and always worrying if she was ok. She is 4 now and it still bothers me for her to be gone over night. You need your you time and time with your other half but if it makes you uncomfortable and you wouldnt be able to have a good time anyway because she is gone then dont worry about it. It is your child and your say.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• dd is almost 8mo old... we haven't been apart yet!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 9:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• my kids first time away for the night was like a yr ago...LOL They were 2,5 and 7....other than that the only time they were away from me was when i had their siblings I don't do well myself and since the fam has never much helped the kids don't like to be away often.
    serenityspeaks

Answer by serenityspeaks at 9:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I am glad to see I am not the only one lol I just couldn't do it.. I don't think I could sleep if she wasn't here with me
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My son is 9 months old and I still have never left him over night with anyone, not because I don't trust them or because I don't think he's of age, we've just never gone out anywhere that we've needed to leave him overnight!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2011