What do you do at a kids birthday party to keep them occupied?

What do you do at a kids birthday party to keep them occupied? From Games to Activities and crafts what do you do?

Mommy_Aiken

Asked by Mommy_Aiken at 9:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• depends on the age of the child. if they're young, and it's hot, just turn on a sprinkler system, or have a small pool, do you have a swingset? or if you want to take them to a bounce house (a place with inflatables), a park, ect. have some food, cake, goody bags.

i'd say about 5 or 6 and over, have games the kids can play, musical chairs, pin the tail on the donkey, pinate, ect. food, cake, goody bags.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I used to play 3 games, eat, open presents have cake and then send them home. The games we would play are the potato roll
    kids line up on the hands and kness and roll a potato with their nose, first one to the finish line wins the prize
    plastic egg on a spoon race, if your egg drops your out of the race
    clothes pins drop, have them kneel backwords on a chair and drop 3 clothes pins into a bucket/cup
    put tootsie rolls and smarties in balloons and blow them up then have the kids bounce on the balloons to get the candy
    pinata's are the most fun
    I hope I gave you some ideas!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• What are the ages? I just had my 11yo b day slumber party last night. I bought each of them a can of shaving cream and let them have a fight. They played in the slip and slide, we played musical chairs. We played a game similar to musical chairs where someone gets in the middle and says something they like or have done and anyone who has done it too gets up and runs to a new chair and the person who doesn't get a chair in time moves to the middle. They sang karaoke. I bought a tie fie kit and shirts for each kid and let them make their own and got them a face paint kit.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• oh and another thing when my girls got older I would buy mini pots and paint w.brushes...we would paint the pots then eat so the pots would have time to dry and then we would plant flower seeds and each kid took home their own little flower pot with planted flowers.
    water balloon fights are always good and so are scavenger hunts
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Are you doing a themed party? The last party my daughter had was webkinz and I made up her games from the website.We made necklaces for the webkinz that each child got as a party favor.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 10:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2011