So everyone says every pregnancy is different...

What have you noticed to be the biggest differences between your first and later pregnancies

krissii

Asked by krissii at 9:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• with ds I didn't have too much nausea. With dd and so far with this one I am nauseous all the time!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• with ds i was sick for 6 months. with dd i kept forgetting i was pregnant until i started showing. i had no symptoms at all.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• #1 No nausea
    #2 lots of it
    #1 gained 30 lbs
    #2 gained 4 lbs (lost 15 lbs at first)
    #1 long labor and delivery
    #2 short labor and delivery
    #1 acutely anemic
    #2 iron was perfect
    #1 i felt good during my pregnancy
    #2 I was so uncomfterable
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• with my first 2 pregnancies (girls) they were the same. I didn't have any nausea or anything like that. With this one my 3rd (also a girl) I have had everything in the book. Neasuea, heartburn, boobs are sore everything.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• 1st and 3rd I was the sickest and they were the most active
    2nd and 4th no morning sickness and they just kinda hung out they never really kicked
    the 1st and 4th I had intense food cravings
    the 2nd and 3rd no cravings
    but will all my pregnancies I felt wonderful and so alive and in a way I do not feel that good when I'm not pregnant
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• #1 - was all belly, nausea in the first trimester, but otherwise perfect pregnancy. Craved meat and potatoes and Dr. Pepper
    #2 - gained weight everywhere, nausea and vomiting in the first and third trimesters, gall bladder attacks, swollen feet and hands and face in the last few weeks. I was absolutely miserable. Craved chocolate and milk.

The labors were completely different too, except that I had to have pitocin both times because my body will not continue to progress through the stages of labor by itself. #1 ended with vacuuming out his head and then shoulder dystocia. I tore 4 times. Thank goodness he was okay and so was I. #2 was a perfect labor and delivery. It went just like it was supposed to. No tearing, no issues. However, afterwards, I ended up almost getting a blood transfusion because my iron was so low. No one knows why, but I ended up with postpartum anemia.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• 1st horrible nausea, no heartburn, no cravings and could barely put any weight on
    2nd no nausea, horrible heartburn, constantly craved milk, cheese and ice cream and couldn't keep the weight off.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• 1st pregnancy: No morning sickness, 9lbs gained, long labor, girl.
    2nd pregnancy: Tons of morning sickness, 20lbs gained, short labor, boy.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Lets see with 1st one I lost 40 lbs and gained it all back, I was really moody, not that uncomfortable, she didnt move a lot, killer heart burn, had to take glucose test 3 times, blood pressure was kinda high.
    With 2nd one I've only gained 3 -5 lbs (35 weeks pregnant by the way), really uncomfortable, not as moody, not as much heart burn, he moves way more, blood pressure is normal and only took glucose test once. I also have different cravings this time as well.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• DS1 lots of nausea little heart burn and 8 hr labor and delivery
    DS2 very little nausea lots of heart burn and a 4hr labor and delivery
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2011