Has anyone ever been through this with their teen???

Filing a PINS(person in need of supervision) my son has adhd, odd etc...and recently there was a little family problem and the police came...however he was not arrested, there was no hitting just some pushing and him being mouthy. he's had some referrals at school this year...but did bring all of his grades up alot and has been working very hard etc. well the police said I had to put this pins on him...which I hate, so it goes through probation, it wont be on his permanant record. We've already got counsling in place finally and work w/ other support. I was wondering if anyone has been through this and wondering if maybe most likely this will get dismissed or will they monitor this for months????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• BUMP
    Anonymous

• I can feel you on that cause both of my kids had the police on them and they had told me that I need to be a parent and start correcting them and there are days that I feel like smacking them in the mouth for the harsh/nasty words out of their mouth and if you do happen to smack them you whined up going to jail....Try calling you local Crisis Unit maybe they can give you numbers to call for help as well
    specialmom4u92

Answer by specialmom4u92 at 2:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We are maybe going through somewhat of the things you are discussing -- only not due to ADD, etc. My understanding is that this record will be erased once the child reaches the appropriate age and not be part of his record. And, especially if counseling, etc., is being attended. I'm pretty sure all matters will be removed from his record. And, the idea of probation is not the worst, especially if it helps matters knowing someone is watching. And, remember, what happens if there is a next time and there is an "arrest". I know it's hard, but sometimes you have to take the help that is out there to benefit for your child -- as painful as it is to go through. These are the times that it's hard being a mom -- but we gotta hang tough and get the best help we can to avoid any further problems they may get into and when we no longer are able to get them out of. God Bless -- and best of luck!
    Anonymous