Nauseous. oh so nauseous... please help me!!

I am only 6 weeks and 3 days and already am in the throws of extreme and nearly constant nausea (perhaps I'll be welcoming another girl sometime late January/ early February...).

I have asked it with previous pregnancies, but I have to ask it again. What do you suggest to help with this feeling? Anything to help take the edge off is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 9:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The only thing that helped with my nausea was Phenergen. Nothing else helped for me with that type of nausea.
    Allisonc7910

Answer by Allisonc7910 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I agree with the Phenergen. Not a darn thing works but that. I have been taking 2 a day lately. Keep fluids on hand too. Makes the vomiting easier if there is fluid behind it. I toss my cookies all the time every pregnancy that I don't miscarry. This is #7.
    KyKosMommy

Answer by KyKosMommy at 9:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• You'll be told a lot to eat saltines, I know that... really, all I did was just suffer throughout it. I tried taking Phenergen or something similar, but it just kinda knocked me on my ass, so I stopped that pretty quick.
    itsmommalori

Answer by itsmommalori at 9:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Try a B6 vitamin with 1/2 Unisom tablet (sleeping aid). It is safe. I was more sick with my twins than my other pregnancies because of all the hormones. I wish someone would have told be about B6 and Unisom sooner. Hang in there!

Moms helping Moms work from hom. Learn how at http://www.workathomeceos.com/tools4mom
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 9:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I could never found anything to help with either of my pregnancies :( But I seen on a pregnancy / mother website that smelling a lemon would help so you could try that.. Good luck :)
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• 1) Sea Bands. They help with nausea AND sea sickness
    2) 1t ginger in 8oz of water/milk/coffee/tea/whatever you're drinking. The ginger will help calm the acids in your stomach
    3) Tums. Worked for me until it all became fruity flavored heartburn
    4) Rx. I wound up with heartburn so bad I was prescribed Protonix. My first was born 7.5 years ago and I'm still on that Rx. I've tried stopping taking it and the heartburn is still horrible.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Ask your doc about Zofran. It help extreme morning sickness.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Pot. VERY small amounts.
    Anonymous

• i had much luck with vitamin b12 good luck
    lumina92

Answer by lumina92 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• thanks for all the input. I probably will try to avoid Rx... and definitely won't be smoking any pot. Thanks tho.
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011