How far along were you?

How far along were you when you started registering for baby gifts? I'm 22 weeks now and was thinking about starting a registry at the first of the year. Is that too soon?

blainesmommy03

Asked by blainesmommy03 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No, it's not too soon. I actually jumped the gun, and started a registry when I was 12 wks, then I updated it after I found out what I was having. And updated it again right before my baby shower...Sad thing is, I registered at Target, and everyone bought stuff from Walmart and KMart, LOL!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I started third trimester but I've heard people starting like when they found out they were pregnant. that would be too soon. I say 25 weeks is probably average.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I registered about a month before my baby shower, it didnt matter because no one bought me anything from my list.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I think you are probably pretty safe with a lot of the basic stuff, but if you choose anything from a special group of clothing or bedding it may not be available by the time people want to buy it for you. This happened with the bedding groups I chose for my twins at Target. I wanted to wait until after my shower to buy any of the pieces I didn't receive, but it was discontinued sometime between when I registered and the date of my shower. I received a lot of the peices I wanted, but after the shower I was not able to purchase the pieces I still wanted. So, if you want a specific group of bedding, I would definitely ask how long it will be available or buy it all yourself. (I registered around 26 weeks, and my shower was around 30 weeks.)
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• no.... i'm doing mine this weekend and im 26 weeks
    kaitie_bug

Answer by kaitie_bug at 2:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i did sorta yesterday..not really though..i made a registry..but havent put anything on it yet...lol
    and im 21 weeks
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I made hand written wish-lists pretty much the majority of my pregnancy; but I didn't do the registry til it got closer to the time for the shower
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• you can make a registry any time you want.. just remember if its too soon something may not be there by the time people want to buy them... i had my shower at 32 weeks i think i started my registry around 25/26 weeks and continued up until a week or so before my shower. some people like to buy gifts early that way they get to pick some wait til last minute. Also don't be disappointed if you don't get things off your registry, i got alot of clothes and barely anything off mine.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• no that is not too soon you never know what can happen go and do it
    classyyankee

Answer by classyyankee at 10:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008