cradle cap

My son is Month and he getting cradle cap. i tryed just combing his hair but it seems to just make it worest i dont know any tricks for it and i dont have 10$ to speak on a cream for it Any Ideas!?

Miszsamantha

Asked by Miszsamantha at 2:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i didn't have the money so i just super washed her hair being careful of the soft spot but making sure i get it good too. after a couple of days of that it went away.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 2:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i never tryed it, but a mother once told me to use vegetable oil, haha, didnt really care too much about getting cradle cap out unless maybe a big event like pictures or something.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Baby oil. Pour baby oil on the scalp, and scrub it in gently with a soft tooth brush.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 2:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Ask the doc if he has any samples of aquaphor you could try.
    Anonymous

• Baby oil works and there is a lotion called Baby Magic which smells AWESOME and works really well!
    Anonymous

• baby oil, and a soft baby brush will do the trick.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• dont do baby oil cradle cap is cause from the babys head being to oily i tried the oil and it got worse my ped told me to use dandrough shampoo and it worked for my son
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• baby oil on head let it set for a few minutes then wash...I put my son who is 6 month in the tub put the oil on his head let him splash away then wash him normal, just make sure to scrub the haed good.....He has had it on and off for a while now.
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 6:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• my son never got cradle cap, but it was because my mom, and our nurse told us that when you watch your babies head, to really scrub... not to leave scratch marks, but to really get in there.. and even over the soft spot.. you can scrub it, it wont hurt them... good luck.. if you have a dollar, go to the store that has travel supplies, and find some head and shoulders and that will help...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Ella had this horrible (6 months old now) i did the baby oil and the baby brush but instead of coming her hair (or lack there of) forward i did it to the back and it worked wonders, i did this twice a day and it is almost completly gone now.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2008