How do you pray?

mmnjp03

Asked by mmnjp03 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• depends on my mood. if im happy, like i'm chatting wiht a friend. if i'm, say, burying my godchild, screaming inside my head at him. he doesn't mind.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• just talk to God like you would a friend. He's the friend that sticks closer than a brother. He sees your heart
    bttrfly8605

Answer by bttrfly8605 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My prayers are more like a talk with my Father who knows my heart. I begin with telling him I come boldly to the throne room a sinner saved by grace and purged clean by the blood of Jesus Christ. To me that opens the portal and allows me to speak freely and petition him for my needs or those of others. When I don't know what to pray then I just give praise for He inhabits the praises of his ppl. When done I finish with "this I ask in the name of Jesus".

Answer by admckenzie at 12:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I read Scriptures and ask the Holy Spirit to speak to my heart.

I have my quite time when everyone is asleep and seek His face. Pray for my family, pray for others, pray for the world, pray for the Lord to change my heart, pray that I will become more like Him and less like me. Lift up my concerns, tell the Lord my joys, tell Him my hurts or worries, ect...
    alli4god

Answer by alli4god at 12:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I don't
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Sometimes I pray like Hannah (1 Samuel), with grace.
    Othertimes I pray like Tevye (Fiddler on the Roof), and look like a screaming fool.
    Sometimes I write out my prayer.
    Othertimes I just mumble it.
    Either way, G=d hears me.
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 1:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• kinda like a friend. i dont wish or hope when i pray, i ask for nothing more then the safety and healthy of my family, and the forgiveness for my sins. i find the rest too trivial for god to deal with.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2008