Should I quit my job and open a daycare?

I have a child and would like very much to stay at home to care for him. I cannot affort just to be a stay at home mom. I have to make some type of incomes to support with the bills.

aznblond9

Asked by aznblond9 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 1 (-25 Credits)
  • Hello,
    It is so important to be home with your children these days if at all possible. Each state has different laws regarding in home daycares, so check with your state.

I am a distributor with Mia Bella Gourmet Candles and work from home and LOVE it. When my kids went to daycare, my home interior lady kept candles at the daycare and I bought them religiously (so easy to grab one when I was picking up my kids!). Just a thought, if you're interested in adding something like candles to your daycare, let me know - I would love to help you get started.

Check my profile for links and info on Mia Bella - and if you enjoy social networking, the possibilities with Mia Bella are awesome.
    Christi
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Do you have the needed education (diploma/degree ect) to open a daycare?! if so, then you need to check with the law for your specific state.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• btw.. im asking that, because so many woman just think: "oh i wanna stay at home, its so nice... so i just open a daycare" but dont even have to knowledge and degrees in how to take care of a child (not their own!)... im NOT saying that you are one of those. but there are a lot of those women out there, thats why i wouldnt bring my child to a private daycare if the woman who is making it doesnt have the needed knowledge.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Oh yea. I have a degree in Business and Minor in Psychology. I also took the require class for daycare. I am just a bit hesitating about this.
    Anonymous

• PS to M.robertson811 i was a campus counselor for 7 years and raised my younger siblings so you can say that I have a lot of experience in childcare field. I love kids. I really do.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I am defiinitely qualified for it just want to know what everyone elses opinions are. Like i said i have a degree in business and minor in psychology had taken child development and parenting in college. I took the child care classes. I raised my siblings and now my son. Wouldnt you think i have some qualifications here? Would you send your kids to me?
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Sure Christie give me more details and when I do open my daycare Ill talk to you more about it.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Having a degree or education does not make you the ideal person for childcare. But besides that check with you state office to see what you need to run an in home childcare.
    Anonymous