• In the Spotlight:

To Be Lonely Or Not to Be..rate yourself on 1-10 scale.

So on a scale from 1-10...1 being extremely lonely you feel your almost dying of loneliness from lack of adult contact, and number 10 being so satisfied and could never possibly understand why and how other mothers get lonely, and you'd most surely recommend motherhood to others to overcome their loneliness.

Rate yourself and feel free to leave comments that pertain to that scale and your own unique motherhood experiences! Thanks:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• 3-5. When I got preg with number one all of my "friends" disappeared. I have learned to accept my bi-monthly call with one of them (always me calling them- never them calling me). I have had a hard time making new mom friends bc I cannot trust anyone (when bffs of over 5 years drop at the first sign of pregnancy, it makes it pretty hard to want to put the effort into befriending people again). I am starting to get over my loneliness but am still upset with my "friends".

I have my kids now. and they won't be kids forever, but they wil always be in my life. I would rather have my kids than my crappy friends.
    Anonymous

• 8
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• 7
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• 6 I love being a mom but could use contact too.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 10:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• 2. Maybe 3 on a good day. I work, that's the only reason it's not a 1.
    Anonymous

• 2 or 3.

I have social anxiety, and I'm a little eccentric-- meeting new people I can get along with, or who can put up with me, is hard. My husband doesn't like to watch the kids, and the kids don't go to the activities where the other social crazies are (medieval re-enactments, and hiking trips-- my husband doesn't even go, though that's how we met). Once my best friend bailed on me right after the birth of my second (empty nest syndrome), I haven't really met anyone. Meeting eccentrics with a 6, 4, and 2 year old is a challenge. You tend to meet supermoms and very traditional moms, which I am not.

I feel pretty good to say 2 or 3 today because I had my monthly church committee meeting today. Ask me next week and the number may be a bit lower... I will look for work eventually.

I do love them, but my husband isn't a talker, so sometimes adult chat is under an hour a week total, for weeks. It is lonely. I love books!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Lol..I think I made the scale backwards! Ah well...thanks for sharing and rating yourselves. We might feel lonely, but we are not alone in feeling lonely.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• 2. blah
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 11:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2011