Your kids birthday party is a bust what do you do?

Your kids birthday party is a bust what do you do? You've done everything and no one shows up ... your kid is crushed.. hurt and sad what do you do? My son's birthday is late summer...everyone's always away... need advice.

Mommy_Aiken

Asked by Mommy_Aiken at 10:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Entertainment

• how old is he?
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• go away to somewhere fun and enjoy it just the family
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I would just plan a fun family get away the weekend closest to his bday. Is there a fun amusement park you can take him to?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Is he in school yet? Could you put off the party until after school starts? I know how you feel my sister planned a big party for my niece yesterday and no one showed up, it was really sad. We went ahead with the party anyway with just my two girls and her, she seemed to have fun but you could tell she was upset.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• ohhhhhhhhhhh Lilysmon! I am so sorry for your niece! I feel so bad for her... Can you do anything extra for her? Did they give an excuse why they didnt come?

OP... do you attend church? Can you have a party with the children's/Youth ministry?
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 10:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• "ohhhhhhhhhhh Lilysmon! I am so sorry for your niece! I feel so bad for her... Can you do anything extra for her? Did they give an excuse why they didnt come?"

Yeah it was pretty sad. Two girls rsvp'ed and said they were coming and my sister didn't hear from the other two (she didn't know their phone numbers so she couldn't call to confirm) and she knew two weren't coming. So they expected at least two other girls, possibly four. It was awful when no one showed. We still played games and had cake but it wasn't the same. My 4 year old ended up staying the night and my BIL took them to McDonald's, so the whole day wasn't a bust.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have discovered that summer birthday's are the worst. Both my kids were born in the summer. Their birthday's are two weeks apart. Last year my DD only had two friends show up. Her birthday is next month and I hope it will be better than last year but IDK.  I like the idea of going to an amusment park, invite some cosuins or friends kids.

Shaylyn318

Answer by Shaylyn318 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011