Is the it true the second is quicker?

so my daughter took me round about 9.5 hours im due this oct for my son is it true that the second one comes quicker?

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not always. My sister was in labor for my nephew 32 hrs, he is her second.... I was induced with my second, only took 5 hrs with her... It all depends.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Depends on the woman, but generally speaking, yes.
    ImPhoenix

Answer by ImPhoenix at 10:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• More often than not. Every mother I've known the 2nd has always been quicker. My first was 17 hours of labor and my second was 5 hours of labor.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• if you had problems with your contractions never getting regular with the first then is it more regualted by the time the second kid comes?
    bamamommy2009

Comment by bamamommy2009 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• with my first I was in labor for 12 hours...with my second I was in labor for 6...exactly half the time...it was so much easier for me the second time around...hope it is for you too!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Mine did. The big difference was pushing

Kid #1, total labor 4 hours, pushing 1 hour
    Kid #2, total labor <3 hours, pushing 5-10 minutes
    Kid #3, total labor 2- 2 1/2 hours, pushing <4 minutes (I know 'cause the doctor missed her!)

But if there are complications or bad placement, of course all bets are off. My OB did say that on average, later children were faster. He also said to get to the hospital at the very FIRST sign of labor- immediately! And I did.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• It all depends, my first was 3 days, my second just a matter of hours! Good luck and congrats!
    krisnroc

Answer by krisnroc at 10:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• It was for me.. i was in Long Hard Labor w/ my daughter for 36 Hours & Induced w/ my son & had him in 4 Hours & 4 minutes- i was very Thankful! LOL:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• THANK YOU TRACEYS2 i was really thinking about staying around at the house longer this time than i did with my first bc my trip to the hospital is shorter and figured id wait out the first phase of labor but i think bc this is my second and my husbands first it might be safer and less crazy{lol} if we did leave at the first sign of labor. wow less than 4 mintues! that is a shocker!
    bamamommy2009

Comment by bamamommy2009 (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Not always.
    1st-labored 13 hours with 2 hours of pushing
    2nd-2nd hours of labor with 2 pushes
    3rd-8 hours of labor and 1st push
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2011