How do you get rid of a mouth ulcer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Health

• suck on a tums
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• peroxide

Anonymous

• Salt water rinse twice a day. Do not drink water right after, it will burn like heck.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My dentist prescribed me some stuff once (cheap, like $2 for the tube) that made a film over the ulcer so I couldn't feel it and teeth/food weren't scraping against it. It was wonderful. Best thing I've ever had for the worst ulcers back when I had braces.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• There's these things at Walgreen's called "Canker Covers" or something like that. They're little menthol patches. You place one on the sore and it'll burn for a minute or two, but then turn into a gel that sticks to the sore. It's annoying and is in the way and is pretty gross feeling once it starts to dissolve after 8 hours. (I know, I'm not really selling it here...)

I always put it on the sore right before bed so it'd work while I slept. And when I woke up, I'd just clean it all out. Almost every time, the canker sore would pretty much be gone.
    itsmommalori

Answer by itsmommalori at 11:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My grandmother always had us rub salt directly onto the sore. Burns like hell for a minute, but it cleans it really well, kind of numbs it, and helps it heal much faster. Cheap, besides.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• For canker sore put salt directly on it it will burn a lot but it will help it go away.
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 11:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My Dr. prescribed a solution made up at the pharmacy for mouth sores. It has a variety of ingredients, but I know one of them is a numbing agent and another is to help promote healing. Good luck those suck!
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 2:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2011