Is there a way to really loose weight. I stopped having my period.

I'm gaining weight so fast , its like none stop. I lost weight , a little while back, but now its coming on again. I hardly eat as it is. And I do excersise everyday. Some days more then others.But out of all honesty probably not as much as I should.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• you should eat. the fact that u are not eating might be one of the reasons your body is holding on to those extra lbs, your body went into survival mode, it is not getting enough food so it is holding on for dear life to those lbs. you should drink lots of water. i take green tea pills, they are all natural and it curbs your hunger- it is sold at walmart. maybe you could research green tea pills if u do decide to try it. it works for me.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• my period has been stopped for the past 3 months due to getting the dpo provera shot and I have gained 10 to 15 lbs. I feel so ugly now bc nothing fits. I have been exercising but the second month on the shot I sprained my ankle herribly so I haven't been able to exercise as strenous. I hope you find something that helps lose weight for you.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• You need to be eating. Your body is keeping all that you do eat becuz it doesn't know when it will get another meal. Therefore making you put on the weight. Also my doctor said that this can have something to do with your period. I had a problem a while ago with weight and my doc gave me a lot of knowledge on this subject. It's great that you work out and care about your body but if you really care about it you will eat. Just watch how much you eat. Hope you someone's post help you.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• eating the right things when you eat and doing the right type of exercise...a lot of people exercise but they are doing anything worth while so its pointless!!! it dont matter how much you eat its what you eat
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• go see a doctor & have your thyroid and other stuff checked. could be medical problem.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I was going to suggest getting a physical and checking on your thyroid.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think the fact that you're not eating enough is what's hindering you. You should NEVER go below 1200 calories a day. Period. Try eating small frequent meals throughout the day. It will keep you energized, and it will rev up your metabolism. Make sure your diet is balanced, and you're not eliminating any major food groups. If you're lacking in some vitamins, that will slow your metabolism, too. Have you ever tried eating clean? That's what's working for me.  Good luck!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I am on a 1600 calorie diet(which I never eat in a day) and what has helped me is write down everything--for example this morning I had 1 cup malt-o-meal; 1 slice wheat bread with margarine and 1 cup Orange Juice and then I have a book that breaks it down according to how many calories; how many carbohydrates and etc; so that might help you also it is sometimes easier when you have things written down to know how much you are consuming in a day; but you may also want to consult with a dietician or your doctor before starting anything
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If you've stopped having your period, in combination with excess wt gain, and you're sure you're not pregnant, have you been checked for PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)? See your doc.
    Move your body more, eat less. Eat more veggies and whole fruits. Eat less processed foods or foods that come in packages. Check out the National Wt Control Registry to see what has worked for many people:
    http://www.nwcr.ws/Research/default.htm
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Thanks girls, I already have made a doctors appointment to get myself checked out. Don't really hav e a favorote here like all your answers.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Jun. 14, 2011