I am with menapause Its early for me but im there .

my problem is that im gaining weight so freakin fast ,im scared. I tried diets ,excersise, clences, and nothing really works. Are there any suggestions out there for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Health

• unfortunately your body is going through it with hormone fluctuation - if you are really worried about the weight see your doctor - they may prescribe HRT for you even if it's just for a little bit. What you have to be aware of is that your metabolism has probably damn near stopped - no matter what diet, exercise you do - you have to change the way you eat and exercise, exercise, exercise and you may need other supplements. There are other options that you should check out with your doctor - naturals, minerals, or herbs like soy, black cohosh, HGCG, chromine, etc - all should be discussed with your doctor first before you try because they may have side effects if you are on other medication. Good Luck and welcome to the club!
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 11:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• You'll level off, I did the same thing. Your eating habits will change to adjust to the hormone imbalance, You'd think with the hot flashes, we'd lose instead of gaining. Sucks!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Fun isn't it. I was always tiny and then bam, not so much. I feel sorry for the many that already fight weight issues-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2011