My best friends father is dying of cancer. They said he has 6 months left... What things can i do to help donate for the family? Please..i need your help.

like i said above, they said he has 6 months to live. We have a "Deeter's Wish" donation thing going on right now. He has always wanted to see the ocean. So we are all gathering donations so he can go to Florida and see the ocean before he dies.

What kinds of things can i do to help raise money? Im doing a garage sale this weekend but what else can i do? Cuz i live in a small town so garage sale may not be very successful.

What are some things that i can do that don't even have to be about a donation. Can be about memories or just to make them smile?

Thanks ahead of time for takin the time out to help me!! Im not very creative and i really want to do something special for them. They are all like family to me and want to do something very special for them.

Mommy103110

Asked by Mommy103110 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• this makes me sad b/c my daddy was taken by the same thing a year ago.....I would say bake something yummy! maybe gather a whole bunch of his freinds and let him have a buddy night ya know with nobody coming and sayin im sorry and stuff :) my daddy hated feeling pity....ya know....? but thats just my idea...soy if i didnt help
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 10:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• How about a bake sale or a car wash? I've seen families do car washes before for things like this.

You could make them dinner or you could buy a pizza and take it over there and just be there with them. I would think that just being there for them and hanging out together would be comforting. HUGS
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• ....i said soy......i meant * sorry* me and my keyboard apologize......
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 5:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• it is a horrible thing to go thru! Not fair at all.
    I think im going to do a car wash and a bake sale! And then ill probably make dinner for them too
    Thanks ladies! if you think of anything else let me know! =]]
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Good luck with everything.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• THank you!! The Garage sale/Bake Sale is in the works!! :-)
    Mommy103110

Comment by Mommy103110 (original poster) at 8:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2011