This may be TMI...

My boyfriend and me got pregnant a month and a half after we met, we now have a beautiful baby girl and are back into the swing of having sex again. Problem is, I am on birth control very faithfuly, and we use condoms, but I HATE them! I can't feel anything! ( I did see a post below this one with the similar problem) My boyfriend is paranoid that I will get pregnant again so even though I faithfully take my birth control he won't do it without a condom! What can I do ladies? How can I convince him its okay I am on birth control?? Trust me I don't want another kid yet either, but I HATE sex with a condom and he is a sex freak! he wants it all the time! and to top it off condoms are dang expensive for us to be using one a day!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Try different condoms. He has reason to be paranoid. I got preggo with my son while I was on birth control.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 2:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• wow. thats interesting. i am allergic to condoms and we found that out 2 weeks aftr we met. (i got pregnant 2 weeks after we met) i cant use them or my skin comes off...im on birth control too i havent gotten pregnant yet. i use to pull out method. tell him to try that. if he doesnt like it then thats too bad he needs to respect your needs :-P
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Get a diaphragm, and IUD, or use some kind of spermicidal contraceptive (foam, sponge, film, etc...). Your boyfriend is smart to insist on this. Birth control fails sometimes, even if you take it religiously. Just ask all the mommies on here with birth control babies.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• people get pregnant on birthcontrole thats how i got pregnant at 17 and i was taking it faithfully so i understand why he is so paranoid also the pull out method doesnt work so dont try that crap. Im proof that doesnt work my husband and i are pregnant lol men release precum during sex and its just as effective at getting you pregnant. id say buy a condom thats thinner they make thinner ones tht might help.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Their is only one real way to prevent, getting pregnant again. That is not to have sex at all. Your BF is doing the right thing I think . Birth Control does not always work. He is right to be paranoid

Answer by louise2 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would talk to your doc about an IUD they are 100% effective and lasts 4 years i think..... I think your boyfriend is being very responsible but the IUD sounds like a good idea for you if you hate condoms!! I do to and me and my SO dont use them hence our 3 children....lol I got pregnant with my first two being on BC
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yea get the implanon in your arm. It's completely effective. look up implanon online to read up on it.
    Anonymous

• Tell him you won't have sex as often because you don't like the way it feels. My husband was paranoid about having another baby, we got pregnant 4 months after we met, and he just made sure I took my pill every day and he wasn't worried although - not to worry you - but despite the pill I still got pregnant again when our first baby was only 6 months old.
    Anonymous

• I have had two IUD's and never had any problems. They last 10 yrs. You should consider it. You can remove it whenever you decide that you want another baby. If he has some trust issues, just bring him to your doctor's appointment.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 3:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would check into an IUD, and use a spermicide, plus birth control, that might keep you safe. Unfortunately there is no sure fire, 100% way to prevent a pregnancy, unless you just quit having sex. The possibility is always there to get pregnant, even on birth control. Sorry, but that's just how it is. So, there are a lot of options out there, but your best bet is just to not have sex until you are 100% sure that together, you realize that there is always a possibility of getting pregnant.
    Anonymous