Is there anything that can help with razor burn!

I have tried waxing, veet, nair, and the only thing that isnt a pain in the ass is shaving but i have really sensitve skin and i get razor burn all the time, almost makes it not worth shaving seeing as how i still dont want to show my legs, any good advice please HELP!

amber91580

Asked by amber91580 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I use BikiniZone Anti bump shave gel and Sally Hansen medicated Zero Bumps pads. the medicated pads sting when applied but relieve the long term pain.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Yup. That product is AMAZING!!! It stops you from getting ingrown hairs and red bumps......and razor burn. Apply before AND after.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• you could try conditioner too. i use that sometimes instead of shaving gel. it softens the hairs on your legs so you don't feel like a christmas tree when you skip shaving and moisturizes your skin. also, try a new blade. don't use the same one for more than a few shaves. if it gets dull nothing you can do will stop the razor burn.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Try a men's shaving cream for razor burn. I suggest this bc it's actually what alot of my female impersonator friends use, and it works!!
    My2Midgets01

Answer by My2Midgets01 at 4:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Try Aveeno products. I use Aveeno Bath Oil. It's about $6-$10 (depending on where you buy it) but it's so worth it. You can also try the Aveeno lotions, they're great skin soothers.
    kellietinsley

Answer by kellietinsley at 6:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Aveeno has amazing products, especially their shaving cream.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 8:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Get that creme ribbons bodywash by Olay, be generous. It is really thick and it coats your skin. For the bikini area I get little zit like razor burns sometimes. The only thing that helps with these, that I have found anyway, is Noxema Triple Clean. It is for your face, but as long as you are careful where you put it....The other thing I have noticed is that if my legs are freshly moisturized right before I shave - razor burn is much worse. So try not moisturizing the 24 hours before. Hope this helps.
    firstimemom4049

Answer by firstimemom4049 at 3:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• bakini zone saves my bekini line!
    Angie430

Answer by Angie430 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Bikini Zone didn't help me at all. I have tried everything in the world. Every kind of razor they make, every type of shaving cream or gel, all kinds of ointments. Still I get it. The only thing that even kinda helps is some stuff called Coochie Cream. You have to order it online or get it from a porn type shop. It comes in different types, like a shaving cream or an after shave spray. It is kinda high, but it is better than anything else I have found.
    TexasRDA

Answer by TexasRDA at 9:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2008