IUGR and 36 weeks

So for two months now we have been closely watching baby. She has not improved despite 3 months of a high calorie diet and strict bedrst. Based on my weekly BPPs and twice weekly NSTs, she needs to come out early. The doctor is planning to induce on Dec. 22nd (unless things get worse and it needs to happen sooner). With how small she will be I am very worried about how long she will need to stay in the hospital. I did get steriod shots at 28 weeks. Does anybody know what to expect? One of the other major concerns is that her practice breathing is very shallow and irregualr. I want this one to be okay. I have had to work REALLY hard to both get and stay pregnant. This will be our first living child.

croneasm

Asked by croneasm at 2:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have a friend who went through something similar with her pregnancy. In the end it turned out her placenta was leaking or had gone bad or something. I'm not sure, but it had something to do with her placenta. She delivered a few weeks early, and her baby was very small, but he was perfectly healthy, and still is. I wish ya'll the best of luck!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Have faith in the NICU and the incrdible men and women that work there for now... You can't predict the future and there's no point in trying to. I've had very small babies, one much earlier than you are now and they are both wonderful brilliant little girls. The BEST OF LUCK TO YOU and YOURS... I will keep you in my thoughts and pray for your little baby and their safe arrrival to you and your SO.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• You are always in my prayers!
    luvmybabyangel

Answer by luvmybabyangel at 3:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Gracie was induced at 36 weeks due to IUGR. she ended up being 4 lb 12 1/2 oz and she got to go home with me two days later. I packed the weight on her so fast out of womb, that at four months I had to put her on a diet (yes! a DIET!) because she was so fat that her little legs circulation was getting cut off when she started trying to roll.
    Have faith that things will be ok.
    aww... you are going to have a pretty amazing christmas gift though!
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Thanks ladies. I am praying she is strong!
    croneasm

Answer by croneasm at 3:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2008