Can your 2 yr old pedal their bicycle by themselves?

my son will be 2 1/2 next month and always tries to pedal his bike but he only gets it around once and then can't do it again by himself. Well we just got new neighbors next door and there is a lil boy about 2 yrs old (he looks like he is anyways) and he was pedaling like a pro...of course he is around two other boys 5 and 6 yrs old so maybe that's why he is doing so good? Just curious does ur 2 yr old pedal there bike by themselves?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, he JUST learned. We got him a tricycle for his 2nd birthday and he couldn't do it. Just a few weeks ago he hopped on and started pedaling away! Once they figure it out they catch on pretty quick.
    Anonymous

• Yes he can pedal...
    Are your son's legs long enough to touch the whole time? My son had trouble until his legs were able to always stay fully on the pedals... you might want to try blocks on the pedals to help him reach
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I wish. My boys are 5 and 10 and still won't ride a bike. The 5 yr old tries but my 10 yr old refuses
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• wow....yea, just saying but I never learned to ride a bike and I'm almost 23. lol I guess I know what to put on my twins' Christmas list this year. lol
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 2:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yes on a tricycle he can.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yes, but he just learned. He had a car without pedals that he loved so it took him a while to get him to try the tricycle, but now he does.

Answer by missanc at 9:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2011