Anyone here taken Zoloft before?

Did it work and were there any side effects that you noticed right away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Health

• I have not taken it but I gave it to my mom for a number of years. She suffered a massive stroke and interestingly enough a couple of side effects of thetype of stroke she had were extreme highs or mania and depression - sometimes for no reason she would start crying - and I mean crying - sobbing loudly with lots of tears that were very hard for her to control and then sometimes she woudl not speak for days. Her doctor put her on Zoloft and it smoothed her out after a couple weeks. I was very grateful for it - my mom didn't understand what was happening and I surely didn't know. Zoloft was a life saver - it was very scary for her, me, and me/DH young children at home until she went on the Zoloft. If you're considering for yourself, loved one - I can say that it worked for my mom. GL
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 10:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yup. And it killed my libido.
    itsmommalori

Answer by itsmommalori at 11:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I did and I hated it. One of the side effects is it causes a likelihood of diabetes. My mouth was extremely dry the whole time I took it, which always made me very concerned. There were many other side effects, too, and none of them were good.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I have never taken it before, but my DH has. You really need to be careful if you take other meds. Check with the DR. There are a lot of meds that does not work with it.
    irememberwhen59

Answer by irememberwhen59 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I took it and didn't have any side effects. it worked perfectly for me.
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I've been taking 50 mg for almost 2 years now. I started on it after having some issues with post partum. I've never had any side effects from it. I have...on the other hand...had side effects from not taking it. There have been a couple times where I've run out & either needed a new script written or had to wait a few days to have $ to get it filled. After about 3 days w/o it u can experience what are called "brain shivers" it kinda feels like ur brain is dizzy, Luke ur balance is off a little. Other than that I've never had any problems. I feel it helps keep me sane. Lol.
    meesa0210

Answer by meesa0210 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have taken a slew of antideps including Zoloft. It took forever to find one that I did not have horrible side effects with. The only ones that helped my depression and didn't cause side effects were Zoloft and Effexor.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• no i have never took that before
    prettigirl29

Answer by prettigirl29 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Did anyone ever have any weight gain side effects?? I really don't want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe! I am glad to hear it has done good for pocmom though..hope she is doing much better these days:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• yes and it made me depressed... i know it's used for depression but it's effect was opposite on me.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 12:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2011