Do I have the right to tell him his friends need to go?

I left the house bc my husband and I were going through some things. He now has his friend living with him to help pay the bills I guess. Every time I say something about coming to the house or coming home he always say something like "We are going to be smoking in the house" like I don't have any say so anymore. He keeps saying you left the house like I just one day decided to leave the house. Someone said something about abandonment of my house since I left. If I wanted to go back home, do I have the right to tell him that him and his friend can't smoke in the house. Or, tell him his friend has to leave. He always seem like he's trying to take up for his friend.

july0601

Asked by july0601 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• I tell my SO it's me or your friends/family I'm not going to be second to ANYONE except my children!!!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• If you all are trying to work on your relationship...the friend needs to go!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Best way to find out is to talk to a lawyer about it. It doesn't sound like your DH want you to come home to me. Taking his Buddies side over you.

Answer by louise2 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• If you are not living there than you do not have a right. If he wants you back he should ask them to leave not you. If he doesn't then you have your answer.
    Anonymous

i do the same
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• If your name is on the deed, I think you should have a legal right to go back and put his friends out.Call the cops if you have to.IF your husband wants to choose his friends over his family still, tell him he can leave with his buddies.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I know but he get's offensive. It's like he gets mad anytime I ask him about his friend leaving.

july0601

Answer by july0601 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It sounds like he needs to grow up. He's not showing you any respect or love and if he really wants you back he needs to consider your feelings and the health of your child! They say second hand smoke is worse than if you were smoking yourself.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Honestly, it sounds to me like he doesn't want you back in the house --- otherwise he'd be putting forth a LOT more effort to get you there instead of telling about all the new rules he & his buddy have come up with in your absence.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• You already left. You have no more say so unless he askes you to come home.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2008