Xbox Rant (Naughty words)

I hate xbox!!!

First of all, it's bad enough that my DF works 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. But really? is xbox the way to spend your remaining time?

He gets up at 11am. Plays CoD for 3 hours and leaves for work. Then he gets home and plays for another 3 hours and goes to bed.

The house... It's been getting remodeled for 18 months now. But he bitches that he doesn't have time... Well I can see 6 hours a day that could be used to work on things.

Sex... Doesn't happen anymore. Once a week for the last year... He is just too tired. I probably would be too if I were spending so much time bitching at the tv and talking to my teammates.

He constantly complains he doesn't get enough sleep. He doesn't do any kind of housework. I do it all... But if something isn't up to his standards, he sure lets me know. He sits on xbox and gives me orders... Cook me dinner, get me a drink, pick that up, blah blah blah.

I would love to shove that controller up his ass... Then maybe we could have sex, a remodeled house, and a little quality time.

I know I should be more understanding because he works 70 hours a week. A lot of men don't have a job and spend 70 hours on the box... But I miss him. And it annoys me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd seriously give the guy an ultimatum, "the xbox or me". Then let him make the decision and stand by his decision!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 10:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Damn. My husband loves his PS3 but he makes time for us too, it's just a hobby he's not addicted like your hubby is. Talk to him(calmly) and tell him how you feel. Maybe he could have an Xbox schedule or something.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• And you are planning to marry him?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yeah I was... Not sure now. This has been going on for about 6 months now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• And you have talked to him, correct? Ever thought about hiding controllers/games/electrical cords?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I think I would try to talk calmly to him about it when he is not playing. I would seriously have to think this through before making it legal.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I love our Xbox. About your SO maybe you should have a long talk with him! Or unplug the Xbox and hide it for awhile.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Try talking to him.. when he isnt playing.

My DD's dad was a terrible gamer and it really ruined our relationship.. thankfully DH doesnt play any games, other than on his phone occasionally, lol.
    Mrs.Masri

Answer by Mrs.Masri at 11:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I've talked to him. He doesn't see an issue because his friends play wayyy more than he does. So in his mind, he isn't that bad.

I have been thinking about hiding the controllers. Just now he got home and the first thing he did was turn on the xbox. A few minutes later I was acting pissy and he asked if something was wrong and as soon as I started talking, he interrupted me and said "with the xbox, it's not turning on." GRRRRRR
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• The thing is, I don't know if it's a phase or if it's going to be permanent. It just started about 6 months ago. Prior to that, he hated video games.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2011