What if you were asked to give some ideas to produce a 30 second video to promote breastfeeding?

What are the things that you would NOT prefer to be included in the video?$
And what are the things that you would think should be included in the video?
Thank you a bunch!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• The ingredients in Breastmilk not found in formula. The convenience and cost comparison. I'd love to see gorgeous previously breastfed kids saying the names of the good things found in Mommy's milk.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I'd split the screen and show both a baby on both sides being woken up in the middle of the night. FF mommy has to get up and make the bottle while she's groggy and the baby is restless. BF baby's mommy takes him out of the bassinet, lays back down and feeds him while they both go back to sleep.

I BF my first for 2 months and the second for 11.5 months and still going...I love all the nutritional and medical benefits but not having to stumble through the house in the middle of the night to make a bottle is by far my most favorite thing!
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I totally agree about the bonding thing. So ridiculous. I've got FF children and EBF children and I'm no closer to any over the others.
    Dabberdoo

Answer by Dabberdoo at 10:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i wouldn't want to hear how bf'ing is "more bonding" bc let's face it, all mother's that want to bond with their children do so whether they ff or bf and seeing all the dishes, boiling, washing, drying, and putting together of the bottles is such a pain that would be a good start.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Agree with Hill, once you get past the first rough couple of weels, it's simply easier and cheaper than getting a bottle together...that's why I'm nursing my secondlonger than my first.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 9:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i would love to see a mom bf-ing with dad sitting there with them, helping hold baby. now i know this does not normally occur, but it shows that dad can be a part of it too, & not be 'left out' as some say, becasue that's not true.

also, i do not want to see a woman with her top completely off. this is not typical, and one of the reasons people get their panties in a bunch over the issue. i bf for 3 years & never once took my top off!

if you wanted to make an impact, split the screen and show a mom bf-ing her baby, then on the other screen show a cow feeding the baby. now this will get the formula people in an uproar, but it would make a point. i know formula isn't made with milk (though i've seen lots of people mix it with milk) it's the point of it not being 'natural' to our species.

but if it were me, i would stick to the poistive, educational aspects of bf-ing. you 'catch more flies with honey than vinigar!'
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:40 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• There is a lot of talk about bonding and breastfeeding but the real significance is not so much that it makes a mother more bonded (though it does for many moms) but it's more about the CHILD'S physical and psychological bonding needs being met.

And, I am very happy to see ads with topless mothers because skin to skin contact is extremely important for babies, and I almost never wear a shirt when breastfeeding, unless I'm in public and I basically have to.

I agree with the first answer the most, I think.
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 1:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011