Pot-smoking moms, arent you tired of people telling you that you are not able to raise your children responsibly ?

when those people are smocking tobacco and drinking alcohol ?.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Yes, I am tired of it. But I'm not going to lie about it or post Anon to a bunch of virtual judges (cafemommers) because they are misinformed. Yes, right now it is illegal, and that is really the only valid point I har. The rest of what most are saying is just regurgitated propaganda.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Last time I checked, tobacco and alcohol were legal.....

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I do not smoke or drink but to compare something legal that will NOT get your children taken away or yourself in jail when used responsibly to something that is always irresponsible because it IS illegal and CAN land you in jail is absurd.

Anonymous

• K, I am not a pot smoking mom but I can totally see where you are coming from. You are talking about the smokers and alcoholics who sit up on their high and mighty throne and judge you for what you enjoy. Smoking tobacco is legal but it kills even those who don't smoke it, by 2nd hand. Alcohol kills hundreds of thousands of people every year and yet, it's ok, cuz it's legal. I think we know why it's legal, we tried to outlaw it and it didn't work. I am all for legalizing marijuana, becuase I think our jails are way to full of people who smoked or sold some weed, and that pisses me off. They didn't hurt anyone. I would honestly rather cigarettes and alcohol were illegal.
    Don't worry about what people think. Even stone cold sober people can be shitty parents!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Oh people are so hilarious. Yes, alcohol and tobacco are legal and pot isn't, but that doesn't mean that alcohol isn't just as if not worse than pot when abused. I don't do either, but I know plenty of alcoholic parents and stoner parents and I have to say the stoners are 9/10 better parents than the alcoholics. but that's just my experience.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I have nothing against pot really. I think it should be legal. I don't think everyone that smokes it is a horrible person. BUT, the reality is, IT"S NOT legal. You may parent wonderfully, but if your continually breaking the law that is poor judgement. If your risking going to jail and getting arrested to get high when the consequences could effect your children then thats not responsible parenting. Thats putting a drug before your children. I think the occasional smoker is at a low risk of being arrested but that is the chance your taking.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I was watching an episode of Jail the other day. Two parents were arrested after the police had gathered enough evidence of them growing pot and selling it. The mom knew what she did was wrong. However, the dad had no remorse and he kept blaming the police for coming into his house and "traumatizing" his kids. He couldn't grasp the fact that he did something illegal and put his kids in that situation not the police. I am all for legalizing marijuana. I don't see it any different than tobacco or alcohol EXCEPT for the fact that at the current time it is illegal. That right there is reason enough for a parent who does smoke/grow/sell pot to be labeled irresponsible. I mean as a responsible mom, you wouldn't go hold up a store, so why would you do something else that is illegal and can jeopardize your family?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I really don't think its about smoking pot and taking or not taking care of your children, I think it's more along the lines of teaching right from wrong.

It's illegal for anyone to purchase pot to have for "personal use". Therefore, if nothing is medically wrong with you, and you're smoking pot...either around your kids, or in the house while your children are sleeping. It's wrong. It's showing your children that you can do wrong things a get away with it.
    Just the same as if you were a serial killer and killing people.

When smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol, doesn't mean you're a better parent, but atleast setting better examples. It's not healthy, it's worse if you abuse it, but it is LEGAL.
    These things are legal once you reach a certain age.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• smoking pot is not the same thing as growing it or selling it! christ
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 12:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Well, I don't smoke pot... Never did like it. It makes me mean. BUT, I couldn't imagine assuming someone can't raise their kids right because of they do. And I don't see a difference between alcohol and pot as far as intoxication goes - who cares which is legal, that shouldn't matter here and frankly pot shouldn't be illegal and it's finally making steps to be legal...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2011