Earplugs for kids with tubes

Any recommendations. My DD is 14 months old and will not let us put anything on her ears or head. We tried the gummy kind that molds to the ear and she just screamed while we tried to get them in and they never stuck. (we did try them on ourselves as well and they hurt our ears, so no wonder) then we tried the kind that twist into the ear, but she just pulled them out. Then we tried a shower cap and since hats never stay on her head, this didn't either. The dr said we can get custom fitted ones.

Does anyone use the custom ones? Are they flat or do they have a "stick" on them?
How bad is it if a couple drops of water get on her ears? Has anyone's dr told them not to worry about earplugs unless submerging the head in water or swimming in lakes or oceans?

Kitkat61277

Asked by Kitkat61277 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• They make a little thing, like ear muffs, or head band that for a around the head.
    I'm sure she had her share of ear infections, if you still have a bottle os an antiobtic ear drops, just treat herwith them after swimming, if water had gotten into her ears.
    We never had custom ear plugs
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My son is 2 1/2 and got tubes in at 11 months. His tubes are still in, and we've never had any problems. Our doctor never said anything to us about using earplugs, so we've never tried. My son gets a bath 4-5 times per week and has been swimming many times and it never seems to affect his tubes.

I have seen a few kids that do have the bands that go around the head. I just don't know the specifics on how they work.
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2011