Am I doing too much for my daughters bday?

She is turning 4 on 4th of July so we are going to have a bbq. I have a waterslide for the kids to play and a magician is ccoming to do a show. My sister says to get a bounce houset too... so I am thinkin of this too but not sure because money issue. We are having music since my daughter loves to dance. Food of course, pinata, make your own cupcake station (my sister is maing the cake and the kids can decorate them) make your own party bag (the party hats, blow outs, glasses and candy from pinata)

We might pool out on of the toddler pools we have in the garage..
I feel like I am doing too much, am i ?

suggestions on what to leave out? or does it sound fine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sounds like your Little Lady is going to have a Awesome 4th Birthday:) Everything sounds Great!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• That does seem like a lot especially for four year olds. I know as moms we want to do whatever we can for our kids and to make sure they have the best birthday's possible. I would do either the water slide or the bounce house but not both. I love the cupcake station, the food, pinata, make your own goody bags, etc. I think that would be enough.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• this sounds great for your daughter...i do think that the magician would be too much though. waterslides are also a great choice for bday parties
    shelleyvalois

Answer by shelleyvalois at 11:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• What you have sounds great, to me I dont think you would even need the bounce house- you especially shouldnt if you can not afford it, the kids will have a blast as it is they dont even really need all the hoopla, they are just happy to be at the party at that age. People really do go completely over the top these days on birthdays, dont feel the need to compete or do more because others are suggesting it.....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I think it sounds fine. I wouldn't worry so much about the bounce deal. ( too much work and little kids can get hurt easy) It sounds like you already have alot going on. The biggest focus should be to enjoy the day together for kids and adults. I would try to think of a few fun things for the adults as well. I guess my main thoughs are to keep it simple, so that you can enjoy the day. One thing we did with kids and adults that was a blast was to take suitcases, fill it with all kinds of clothing articles ( even them out) and have a relay race. You have to have all articles on your body one way or another and go around a marker and come back, then the next person on their team has to take articles from 1st runner and repeat . It is so funny. Bras, shawls, scarves, sandals, dresses, hats, whatever... Above all, relax, it will all go great...
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• As long as you can afford it I don't think it's too much though take into consideration how much time all of this will take up, you don't want yourself or any guests to feel rushed - make sure the kids will all get plenty of time to do the activities.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• anon1986east.. I think they will have plenty of time. the party is at 2 and until whenever people want to go home lol.. we just have to be out of the house by 8 to go watch firewards and the boston pops
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• fireworks lol not firewards
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• With everything else,you shouldn't bother with the bounce house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i use to have birthday parties like that. but i only use to have only one ride. sometimes i would have the cotton candy machine with it. but it sounds fine. i think its a great idea. they will have a great time no matter what you do.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:34 AM on Jun. 13, 2011