Are you sizing me up??

Just curious what it is when other mothers are first thinking when they see other mothers in the park. Are you sizing up the other mother, thinking she could be nice to talk to, or are you not interested in getting to know them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I try to make pleasant conversation with other moms. If a child is really badly behaved, and the mom does nothing about it, then yes, I'm judging. But no mom is perfect, and I try not to be judgmental. I don't think any of us can say no, we never judge, but some moms are more so than others. Most of us are just doing the best we can, and appearance has little to do with that. There are exceptions, of course (ie moms that look like they just finished up with a John, moms that totally ignore their kids, etc). Aside from pretty awful behavior, no judgment.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• sizing up? Judging, right? ;)

Yup, I'll be the first to admit, I'll judge you. Appearance, hygiene, ect...
    If you don't look pleasant, I do my best to avoid.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I think we all look for body language and demeanor............I dont go to the park thinking about conversating with other Moms, I am more like if it happens it happens, I do normally look to make eye contact and see if there is a smile or a hello etc and take it from there......you can normally tell in the first 3 mins or so if someone is open to speaking or not....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Sometimes but I'm just nosey like that. I size everyone up. I don't try to avoid anyone usually. I don't usually attempt to make a friendship but if the other person talks to me I will talk back and make friendly conversation.
    Anonymous

• I do enjoy meeting other mothers and some just seem to be more of a natural fit than other from the get go. I wouldn't say that I set out with an agenda to size other mothers up or not. I think it just happens naturally or not.
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 11:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• of course .. its female nature lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 12:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2011