Do you ever feel . . .

like your dh or so isn't physically attracted to you? Or that they don't think you are sexy? My dh isn't the type of person that really gives those types of compliments, but he does all those little things that lets me know he loves me, but I feel like he isn't physically attracted to me and doesn't think I am sexy. I am wondering if I am the only one that feels this way. I am also wondering if it could just be me, I have always had kinda low self esteem anyway, so things like that always make me wonder.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I know it's hard to do, but really BELIEVE it when your husband tells you your beautiful, and respond in that manner, and your man will light up like a bulb! Don't patronize his compliments but Accept them, and try not to come off pouty and sulky, but act the part and soon you'll become it. If your man thinks your beautiful, no one else's opinion matters, and if he thinks you're beautiful, well then, you must be!!! Keep your chin up and :) cuz' your worth it!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Well I think I'm ugly as hell but my husband tells me I'm beautiful every day. So I don't know....
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yeah I've been feeling like that recently...the thing is my husband DOES tell me that I'm beautiful and yadda, yadda, yadda...but I'm just not feeling like he's being sincere anymore...I don't know what it is...but your not alone
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• He doesn't say it. He doesn't know I feel this way. He never says your beautiful or sexy or anything. Just does things that lets me know he loves me. So I am wondering is it just me because I think I am not or just because he never says it. Should it matter that he never says it? Or should I just let it go?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have good and bad days.

My husband is so sweet though. When I say I'm hot (weatherwise), he'll say "You definitely are and that's why I married you". :-)
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think even if he doesn't say it, the fact that he loves you does. After all he chose you, so he found something rare and precious and beautiful when he picked you amongst thousands. If you know he loves you, try to love and believe in yourself that you are beautiful and priceless, ACT the part, and you will be amazed at the way he responds to you. Easier said than done, but seriously try it. I'm pretty sure he'll have some compliments in tow..and even if isn't the type to say things (men usually aren't), he'll treat you like a princess. I'd rather be treated with love than be told I'm pretty but treated unlovingly by my SO. Good luck!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• "Sweetie, I would like to hear every once in a while that you find me sexy." is what I would say to him if you would really like to hear it.

Simplicity, whenever I say I'm hot, my hub says, "yes you are" in that "I wanna get it on" voice :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I understand. My husband is affectionate in the hand-holding I Love You kind of way but I don't think he is really attracted to me. He is ill though. I don't think you should take it personally. It has been my experience in life that one guy will say you are fat or whatever and the next guy will think you are as hot as a firecracker. Everyone's taste is different. It isn't you, it is probably something he is going though.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 5:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I used to but he is a assuring man if I feel down he tells me what he loves and that I'm beautiful
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I just wanted to know if it was just me or not. It is hard to tell sometimes because he is not the openly affectionate type of person.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2011