post pardom depresion

I had my son 4 months ago and i am just resently finding myself mad and cryng all the time at the smallest of things. i am tired and i have even noticed my hair is falling out.(not alot) just more than normal. i thaught you get post pardom rite ater having a baby. and i had c-section so i did not think i would get it at all. Help!!!!!I AM TIRED OF FEELING THIS WAY.

onesleepymama

Asked by onesleepymama at 12:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. It can show up months after you have the baby! CALL your doctor for an appointment right away. Sounds like the baby blues.....There are many things the Dr. can do to help you!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Call the doctor, sweetie. You may just have the baby blues but if it is something more serious, the dr can help. Good luck and congratulations on the baby, mommy!
    Texgirl73

Answer by Texgirl73 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• the hair thing is normal, as for the ppd, i would talk to ur dr. there is no need to hide this, since it is so common. it can strike anywhere within the first yr to be considered ppd. good luck, i hope ur feeling better soon!
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• You can get post partum depression anytime during the first year after the baby is born. It's totally normal, so don't feel like you're alone!! I got it when my youngest son was about 2-3 months old; I was really anxious and sad all of the time, and I couldn't sleep even when my baby was sleeping through the night. I went to the doctor and he gave me Prozac and I only had to take it for about six months and I was back to my old self. Call your doctor ASAP!! Also, PPD has nothing to do with how you gave birth, it's all about the hormones. Plus, being sleep deprived and tired and overwhelmed with a new baby adds to it! Best wishes, it'll get better, I promise.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Post Partum Depression can show up any time in the first year and it doesn't matter if you had a c-section or not. Hair falling out is common for all moms, even without PPD.

Please call your doctor - either your regular doctor or your OB/GYN. At the very least, they will refer you to a good therapist in your area. GO! It doesn't mean you are weak, "mental", or a failure - it means something has gone wrong with your body's chemistry. There is no reason to feel ashamed - just as you wouldn't feel ashamsed to get help for diabetes which is just a different type of chemical problem. You may need medication - that's OK. It won't be forever.

You deserve to feel better and to be able to enjoy your new life. Your baby deserves a mommy who is better able to care for and play with her. I know, I've been there!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• you can get it at anytime and it can last awhile too...its something you should not ignore..you really need to be seen by a doctor to be put on something or figure out what you need to do...i ignored mine for so long..i never even touched my daughter the fisrt few months and told her i hated her...because i wainted to long im just getting to the point that i love to be with her..i have my moments and you will too as you get better. i had a c-section as well and i got it right away...but everyone is differnt...just dont ignore it get help...and dont hide it from your partner either they can help you alot in getting over it
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 3:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Join the group Moms with Postpartum Depression. I've been a member since March and it is a great group for advice, sharing, and venting.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Go to the doctor before you do something you'll regret.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

•  thanks for the advice i have appt. on monday morning
    onesleepymama

Answer by onesleepymama at 10:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2008