So who else is a bad wife like me feel free to raise hands........

So i guess i am a bad wife because i had the nerve to ......dun dun dun have my husband help me clean the house on his day off (insert theatrical gasp if you will)...............Yeah this is what my MIL just informed me of after my husband told her how nice the house looked after we got done with spring cleaning great that's just what i need another crazy rant from her

krissii

Asked by krissii at 12:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband helps me with house work alot.. Sound to me like she has way to much time on her hands.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If your husband didn't complain about helping you, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Tell her to go pound sand... none of her business any ways!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I'd just tell her how much you're proud and respectful of your husbands willingness to help you (infront of your man of course), and that she needs to be appreciative of the nice clean house he helped to create. Kill'em with kindness..if not shocking to her senses, it might just her up for a bit until she thinks up another demeaning retort.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I meant to say *shut her up for a bit. oops.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• When DH and I bought our first house MIL would sneak over while I was at work and do all the housework. He never denied he did it and never said he did it. But I found him out when I saw all the plastic throw away forks and spoons had been washed. That was a dead give away that his lazy butt did NOT do the dishes like I had asked. When I asked MIL not to help so much so we could figure it out on our own I was informed -" I am his mother. I will ALWAYS take care of MY SON. I will do whatever I can to make things BETTER for him." Then she rolled up her car window and drove away. Three weeks and a dozen or so different attempts by me to patch things up to make DH happy and still she was crazy. DO NOT LET IT BOTHER YOU. Just accept that she was raised a different way and that that is how she raised her son - with her expectation that a woman would "take care of him" the way she did.
    chrys45

Answer by chrys45 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I'm 8 months pregnant,and I usually do the house work myself, but hubby has had to help out A LOT as of late because I can't bend over, and I really don't want to anyways. He comes from a very traditional mexican family...His mom has always been home, and his dad has always worked. Sometimes my husband makes comments like...you know, my mom crossed the border with me in her belly, and she gave birth the next day (they were citizens, she was just visiting family in mexico at the time) and you know it makes me feel like crap, because I'm trying. I just want to smack him. Hes a really good guy, just sometimes I don't think he knows what hes really saying. Sometimes i feel inadaquate, but my husband knows how I am, and he still married me, so...its just something he has to deal with. Don't let it bother you
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Don't you even worry about it girl! My now ex MIL was the same way thinking that I should be in charge of anything and everything around the home. Well welcome to 2011. You and your husband have your own relationship that works just fine for you and don't let anyone especially an overly opinionated MIL make you feel like a bad wife because you chose to share household chores. Give yourself some slack. If you and your hubbay are okay then your OKAY!
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 2:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Tell your mil to kiss your butt and get with the new age he can help its his damn house too.
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Unless your husband starts complaining (in which case he needs to come to terms that he has to help too lol) I would just ignore your mother in law.
    gamermom81

Answer by gamermom81 at 6:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2011