Do you catch yourself comparing your LO's milestones to other's LOs??

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 12:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've always said new moms are the most competitive people in the entire world. It's crazy. The first year of my twins' life was all about comparing them (yes, I did it and other moms) to every other baby....sadly we did this publicly WAY TOO MUCH. from...who is rolling over, to walking, to talking, to crawling, to sitting up, to what to feed and when...everything...it's crazy...don't give in it...attempt to rise above it. I deleted a few friends because I couldn't handle it anymore...especially since mine were really far behind because they were 2 months early
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 3:00 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Of course lol, then I remind myself they are all different learn at different rates. Though my daughter seems to be enormous compared to other 9 month olds! Every baby is unique.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I only have on lo but i find myself comparing him to some advanced children that i have taken care of in daycare... Its not good to do but everyone does it. Just gotta remember that all kids are different and they all hit milestones different than others..
    TylersMommy0808

Answer by TylersMommy0808 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have twins and it's difficult not to compare. I try to make sure both are within range. It's not a contest but I want to make sure they are on track. So far, they are.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• like before my DD rolled over for the 1st time.. I would hear about other babies doing it... that were around her age and had me thinking aggghhh why do they have to post that (on FB) lol
    and this is my 1st so I am constantly worrying and making sure she is on target for everything ..lol
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yes, Sadly I got really caught up in it. But, my son is doing really good, but I still worry it's a parents job I guess.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yes. DD is almost 15 months and isn't walking yet. I know it's ok because she had fluid in her ears and probably didn't have balance to walk. She got tubes last week and we are waiting anxiously for those first steps. It worries me tho and I do catch myself wondering why everyone else's baby walked at 12 months and I'm still waiting.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I guess it's normal esp for 1st time mommies.. I am getting better though.. I try and not get upset anymore.. She will do everything in her own time
    and kitkat I hope your DD starts walking soon :) you are right it's probably her ears ... I hope you post pics when she takes those first steps!! so exciting :)
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 7:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2011