is it a rash?

so my 12month old son has these red bumps on his thighs, they been there for a few days. i know it isnt heat rash because its not hot here, and he hasnt had any new foods or anything. and he has like smaller bumps with redness around it on his belly.....any ideas what it could be or what i should to for it? he doesnt itch or anything and it doesnt seem like it bothers him

mybabychunk

Asked by mybabychunk at 3:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i had a scare the other night with my DD and I looked on this site as well as posting a question on cafe mom...

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/chicken_pox.html

watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• here's the responses i got on cafe mom

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/86365/What_to_do?cat_id=7
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It's always worth having your doctor look at an unexplained rash.

It could be heat rash even if it's hot, per se. It could be irritation from his diapers or clothing. It could be eczema or dry skin - my DD will sometimes get a rash without the itch from this. It could be viral. It could be some type of allergic response. It is possible to *not* react to something you are allergic to the first few or many times you're exposed. Personally, if I couldn't explain it and it lingered like this, I'd take my child to the pediatrician just to verify what it was.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My Ds at that age always got a rash like that the day after having a fever the Ped said it was viral and just his bodies response. I dunno if that helped you or not.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2008