C Section Mothers.

I would like to know all about C Sections... How you felt before going on? How it was being wheeled inti the OR? How was it when they were operation on you? And how did you feel afterwards? Were you in a lot of pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was nervous as they wheeled me in, but I tried to think about my little baby. Time seemed to go by really fast after they put the spinal in. With all of the drugs everything is a blur except for the moment I heard my DD cry and then seeing her for the first time. It really wasn't that bad and if you feel anxious as them for meds beforehand.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Oh and the day after I hurt the most. Especially when they made me stand for the first time, OUCH!! But it gets better really quick :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• mine was not planned...all I remember is being told it was going to happen then bam! I'm in OR bent over getting a needle in my back then they laid me down and poked me until I could not feel anything...a few minutes later they pulled my son out...my c-section was different because after that I was rushed to a larger hospital for heart reasons and he stayed behind with dad. I spent 5 days in the heart unit of another hospital with no care or support for the fact that I just had major surgery. I called the nurses at my sons hospital many times a day asking questions. like gas...you get alot of gas so they said to rock in a rocking chair. they said to take it easy and walk but the staples hurt alot and I did do some walking. thing is this hospital I was at they never sent me an OBGYN like they said they would they were to concerned about my heart. Anyway they do mean it when they saw do not lift more then 10 lbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• The first time I had a c-section it was an emergency and everything happened so fast that I didnt have the opportunity to be scared...I was put to sleep and when I woke up the baby was already in the NICU....this last time my placenta abrupted and the Dr told me that if I tried to deliver vaginally both me and my son could die so I was very nervous...while they were operating there was no pain but there was a lot of pressure and pulling and I could feel when the baby was finally pulled completely out of me...I'm still recovering now and I'm not going to lie...the pain was pretty significant the first couple of days, especially if I went too long without taking my pain medication...it's better now (almost 2 weeks later) but still if I over exert myself I can feel it...it starts off as a dull ache but gradually gets worse if I don't sit down and rest
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• my daughter turned at last min so instead of waiting to see what she was going to do i just decided to do a c section that way i knew she was going to be ok! i was scared at first and i honestly think it was more because i didnt want to have the scar but i knew it was best!! i had already had my epidural i was actually just starting to push when all this happenedell.so i was just laying there with my eyes closed trying to relax when they wheeled me to the OR and then one i was in there i couldnt feel anything except a little bit of pressure which was them pulling her out but they have a sheet up so you cant see anything which i would have liked to but owell! i honestly didnt even know she was out until my husband was like do you hear her cry i was so zoned out though i didnt even hear her 1st cry! my dr ddnt use any stitches on me though so my scar is hardly noticeable! i was up walking that night the nurse was surprised!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• also it is important to eat right and get enough healthy foods to regain strength remember it is major surgery
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I was confused and upset. I felt uninvolved in the birth of my child. I had terrible pain afterward and I couldn't breastfeed. I regret the experience, save the fact that my daughter is a healthy child. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't; and I intend to to VBAC if I become pregnant again in the future.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:11 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• How you felt before going on? Nervous...always nervous. It is major surgery and your baby is involved...two huge things are happening!

How it was being wheeled inti the OR? For the first one it was scary cause it wasn't planned. The others it was "too late to go back, here we go!!!!" lol

How was it when they were operation on you? Uncomfortable. They have your arms strapped out to the sides and a sheet in front of your face so you don't know what's going on. You feel tugging and pulling and pressure, but no pain....just uncomfortable.

And how did you feel afterwards? Tired, relieved, anxious for full recovery!

Were you in a lot of pain? With my first, and third yes but not my second. If you have the chance tell them to put duramorph in your spinal lol You can't feel anything for 24 hours after surgery...helps get you out of bed and moving and that helps you heal faster!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 1:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I had two. I can tell you the first time, I was more than ready... It was also an emergency situation. Therefore, after being in labor for almost two days, I didn't care, I just wanted it over with. The second time, it was planned and I was very nervous about it. I was never in any pain with either one. The first, I was up walking outside with the baby within the first week. The second, I was up and walking outside within two weeks. I didn't have one issue or problem with either one. I have never regretted either c-section.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• How you felt before going on? Nervous and wondering if I was doing the right thing.

How it was being wheeled inti the OR?We walked actually, and I started to get really nervous.

How was it when they were operation on you? Dh was there with me, and I started breaking down crying. But I just focused on DH and we got through it. 

And how did you feel afterwards? DIdn't feel a whole lot right after. But when the numbing meds wore off I was very sore.

Were you in a lot of pain? As long as I kept up with the meds no. Don't try to go without though!

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2011