Married/single

anyone else on here married with kids but totally feels like a single parent 98% of the time??????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Yup. My husband works from 1:30pm to 2-3am, sleeps until 11am, only to get up and get ready to go to work again. He's also getting ready to deploy, so I WILL be a single parent for about 6 1/2 months.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• A little bit...mostly because I'm SAHM and DH works 2 jobs so isnt really here all that much and when he is, he's sleep...so yeah...as far as the kids are concerned...it's all me...I do everything
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• im talking about even when they are home and awake............. not at work or getting ready for work or any of that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think women are wired to feel that way anyway. We all go through this especially when the kids are newborn until around 2 yrs old. Unless your husband/so is a SAHD, you will feel this way at some point. The best thing to do is to make time for yourself, stay up an extra hour after the kids go to bed and do something for YOU. If you can go out for a little bit, do it!!
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yes, but that's because I am a lot of the time. My Dh is in the Army, we just finished a 12 month deployment, he was home for two months, then left for a school and has been gone since Feb and will be getting back late this month or early July.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yes. Up until about 10 months ago when things turned around because I told my husband I wanted a divorce.

The only way you will get anything, IF you do, out of your husband is to tell him how you feel, show him examples, throw it back in his face the things that aren't working for you (not spitefully, just a reality check).

DH and I have been married 5 years come the 23rd and he's done more in the past 10 months than the other 4 years of our marriage combined! Not joking!

We still struggle from time to time, but we work through it...rehash the situation and whatnot. I don't think things will ever be perfect, but they definitely 75% better and i can live with that. Unless he relapses into his old neglectful ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• sometimes!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Married 1 dd 1 ss and yes I feel like I do it all but I love my hubby
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:42 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I did feel that way when I was married, and that was part of why I divorced him. There were a lot of other things that contributed to the decision to divorce, but when I would doubt my decision, I would look at how I felt like a single mother and how my son (I was pregnant with my youngest at the time) acted as though I was the only parent in the home and realize that it wasn't really going to be any different.

I found, both while married and as a single mom, the best way to counter the stress is to make sure you have time for yourself. I either get up before my kids (not often, they're up at the crack of midnight! lol) or stay up for a couple of hours after I get them to bed. I take a bubble bath, watch a movie or tv show, read a book, play around online or just stare at the ceiling and count the cracks. I enjoy the solitude and it refreshes me for the next day.

Have you talked to him about how you're feeling?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• to wendythewriter: yes i have talked to him about it millions of times. I have asked him for help and he just says oh i will work on it then he doesnt change anything or put any more effort into anything. I have just asked for simple things like can he change our dd's wet diaper while i finish dishes or laundry or whatever and he says either no, or ya fine if i have to then doesnt and i end up having to stop doing whatever to do it after 10 min of her getting ignored or i finish what im doing real quick and take care of it. I have to ask at least 3 or 4 times and usually still dont get him to do anything...

And i try to get alone time but i still cant get her to sleep through the night and she goes to bed late and gets up early so im too exhausted to stay up later or get up earlier than her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011