Kids are gone. :'(

so i had to take my kids to meet their father today for a very long visit, and the only one since christmas. i dont know how to deal with this. my kids are my life, the reason i get up in the moring is to take care of them and nothing more. I know noone here because i just moved in janurary and havent gone out at all because i've had the kids. I know that i'm supposed to get them back late august but honestly i feel like i have had my heart ripped out of me. i have no idea how to live a life without my kids. i feel lost and confused. they're my heart and my soul, and i feel like i am an empty shell without them. do any of you have any idea how to deal with this? what can i do to make this transistion for the next 3 mths easier?

2breath2live

Asked by 2breath2live at 1:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• My only advice is to keep yourself busy.

They will be home before you know it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• hugs

My heart goes out to you.  I know this is easier said than done, but try to use the next three months to be productive and do things to keep yourself busy and maybe even make some friends.  If this is the situation, then there is nothing you can do about it.  I'm here if you want to talk.

Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 1:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• at first you will feel lost then you will find out how to occupy your time then when they come back you will have to re-adjust to having them back because by then you will have learned how to be yourself and will have yourself your own routine and they will have to adjust to being back with you....for now just find a book to read or catch up on some movies you have wanted to watch, join a gym or volunteer. for now your feeling lost but you will do fine real soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• do some things for yourself, join a gym, take some classes, look online for events in your area where you can meet some new people. It's hard at first but seriously, when my son went to live with his dad at 13 I thought I was going to die,. he was my world. But I enrolled in college. started walking the dog and playing online and started enjoying life for me! Look into doing something you have always wanted to do, but never had time for because of the kids...and invest in a web cam and SKYPE them if you can. August will be here before you know it
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:40 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• all of the above!! I am here if you need someone to talk to. I would make some new friends. join a gym. walk. maybe even try a new business while they are gone...keep yourself busy!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't at all cuz I have a 3 year that is with my in laws and do not know when I will be able to get him. I have no one to watch him while I am in school and my husband is in training so he is gone for I don't know how long. I have just been trying to stay strong and I call and have them send me videos. Watching videos are great but also makes me a little sad. Hope you feel better about it.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Take the time to do something you are unable to do with the kids with you. Do something you enjoy! Sleep in, take long showers, and enjoy having the bathroom to yourself.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:11 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I'm sorry. My oldest 3 are at their dad's for a week now and that seems long enough, I can't imagine 2-3 months! Can you get involved in some community activities? Take a class through the Parks and Recreation Department or the local community college, read some books, find something to do!

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Go out and meet people. You need a life as well.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• well thank you everyone, i will try all of this
    2breath2live

Comment by 2breath2live (original poster) at 3:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2011