Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I think my 2 year old swallowed a piece of gum

I just heard he was still awake so I walked in to check on him and found he had somehow gotten ahold of a pack of gum. Half a piece was bitten off. It didn't stick in his throat or anything since he's breathing/acting/talking fine, but do I need to be concerned about it being in his tummy?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

Answers (6)
  • No. It'll pass. I can't tell you how many pieces of gum my DD has swallowed over the years.

    Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:17 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • Nope!! What goes in shall go out! I still swallow my gum if I can't spit it out.

    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • LOL ok good, thanks!!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • no, it will pass

    Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • Like eveyone else says - don't worry about it. It will pass if stomach acid doesn't destroy it first.

    Answer by kdwiegandt at 3:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • lol. my son always swallowed the gum when he was 2!

    Answer by mrsary at 9:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.