Do I take the high road?

And what is the "high road" in this situation?

A woman that DH and I have been friendly with (she's a cashier at the only grocery store in town) has been texting my husband (she got it from her best friend, which is a coworker of DH's). At first, it was once or twice a week, and things like "Whatcha doin?" - nothing to cause worry. About a week ago, it started occurring frequently enough for me to become uncomfortable with it, even though he rarely responded. However, a few days ago, while our kids and I were out of town for a wedding, she started texting him things like "I wanna do you" and "Are you up? I'll come over and show you what I can do." He told her she was being inappropriate and that she needed to stop, and she asked him not to tell me. Clearly, he didn't listen to her. I went to the grocery store today and there she was - trying to be chatty and friendly as usual. I wanted to smash her face in, but it was in public and my kids were there. So - what would you do? What should I do? Anything? Nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Do nothing since DH has already told her that she was being inappropriate and has drawn the boundary. Maybe get DH to block her number as well. Hopefully she'll get the hint that he's not interested in her and stop. I wouldn't say anything to her about the texts, however I would fantasize and remind myself that my DH stood up for our relationship and that every time I saw this other woman remind myself that I had something she wanted that she couldn't have. That's riding the big horse on the high road. Good luck.
    CottonsMama

Answer by CottonsMama at 2:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Your Hubby already drew the line for her. She probably won't cross it. But if you had done anything, it probably would have made her feel like she got to you, and she might start up again. Take the high road...let it go
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 3:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I suggest that your DH should change his number just in case.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would be having my husband talk to the women he works with first off and tell her to never give his number out ever again. If she continues to text your husband you probably have no choice but to get involved but you can still do this and still take the high road, you and your husband could confront her about it and you could calmly advise her that you refuse to be disrespected by her behavior and basically tell her whats what...............and that next time you will not be so understanding.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Don't say anything. You are blessed with a great honest husband and he has taken care of it. She is no threat to you. Let it go.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 4:57 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I know she's no threat to you but I don't blame you one bit for wanting to smash her face in. She tried to initiate something that could've had a devastating effect on your world then has the guts to smile at you. I'd want to do the same.. but with how your DH handled things I'd just take the next opportunity to tell her that you're aware of her behavior and that she disgusts you. Letting her know your DH confided in you will only further prove to her that his loyalty is with you and you'll probably feel much more vindicated without sinking to her level.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Show you are better than her. Feel confident that your husband is being honest with you, but I also think he should change his number. During one of you shopping trips, I would also politely clue her in that you are fully aware of her inappropriate remarks to your husband, but it's too bad she feels the need to go after someone else's husband, followed by "Have a good day!" Leave her feeling uncomfortable and insecure like she tried to do to you. After that, I'd let it go. She'll get the message, especially if your husband changes his number. By the way, I commend you for your self-control and not smacking her in the face!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think your dh handled it ok, but if it continues I would say something, but I do agree have him change his number and not give it to her , what kind of person knowingly goes after a married man, ugggg but I do feel ya on the bashing her face in part, I would let it be known I knew not sure how I would go about it but yeah be the bigger person, be thankful you have an honest hubby who told you. and continue to walk around with confidence and smile:)
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• At least dont be froendly with her when u see her. You dont have to be chatty just cuz she is. She could have ruined your life and the lifes of your children if your husband wasnt so loyal to you. you should let her know you know. But do it in a clever way that the people around you wont know what your talking about but she will. And then walk away with an Im-Better-Than-You-Smile.
    Hopeful44

Answer by Hopeful44 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2011