Weight loss...

I weighed 244lb when I got pregnant with my twins at 20 years old.

I weighted 299lb one week before I gave birth to my twins.

Now at nearly 23 years old I am 275 (ish)lb.

I really would like to lose weight.....any ideas?

newmom2bgtwins

Asked by newmom2bgtwins at 3:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• How good/bad are your eating habbits? That would help a lot, if they are bad. Eating smaller meals more frequently. And eating more raw fruits and veggies instead of unhealthy snacks. Do you walk often? Maybe get out and power walk (or start however possible) for an hour a day.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:34 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i've lost 115lbs in two years. all i did was cut out dairy and dairy by-products. without the dairy mucous all over my tongue, vegetables started tasting GOOD. like really good. i can sit down and eat a whole tomato. that would have made me puke before lol. it took about two months of no dairy and i had already lost over 30lbs. good luck on your weight loss!
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 4:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• We've started to eat smaller meals and we eat more often....we don't eat as many veggies and fruits as we need to...and I would love to walk but I have to admit that my being so overweight and it being so hot where I live (over a 100) I have zero desire to walk...including the fact I have 2 year old twins that I can't really take with me....yea, I'm REALLY bad with excuses.

I don't eat/drink very much dairy as it is...guess I could cut that out.
    newmom2bgtwins

Comment by newmom2bgtwins (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Every journey starts with a 1st step. It's tough to change your whole diet all at once. My suggestion is to start with one meal or your snacks and make them healthier and lower in calories. Then pick another in a week or two and do the same. Keep making changes until you're eating healthy most of the time.

Plan an indulgent meal or two each week so it's part of your diet and you don't feel like you've failed.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You can put your twins in a stroller and walk them around an indoor mall for excercise. Mine turn 7 tomorrow and keep me running.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i can guarantee that you eat more dairy than you think you do. when i said dairy, i meant anything with casein (dairy by-product) in it. that cuts out most breads, almost all processed foods, nearly all frozen foods, 90% of fast food, 85% restaurant food, anything like lunch meat, sausage, anything that was cured with lactic acid starter culture, no more butter, no cheese, no more caramel coloring... so basically all we eat is chicken, lamb, turkey, pork, veggies, fruit, fresh grains and homemade bread. oh, and we eat lots and lots and lots of bacon and cake and cookies. just homemade with soy milk instead of milk and we use lard instead of butter. and we eat fried chicken and biscuits like its going out of style, again, homemade with soy milk and lard! my cholesterol is ridiculously low now, my blood pressure is finally normal and i can run without my knee acting up. and i bought a size medium the other day!!
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 3:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I am on a 1600 calorie diet(which I never eat in a day) and what has helped me is write down everything--for example this morning I had 1 cup malt-o-meal; 1 slice wheat bread with margarine and 1 cup Orange Juice and then I have a book that breaks it down according to how many calories; how many carbohydrates and etc; so that might help you also it is sometimes easier when you have things written down to know how much you are consuming in a day; but you may also want to consult with a dietician or your doctor before starting anything
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Most people who need to lose a dramatic amount of weight (as you do, I'm presuming without knowing your ht), benefit from a multi-pronged approach. Cutting total calories to 1400-1700 per day is a common goal for most average sized women. Cutting out processed/fast foods helps a lot. Avoiding regular soda pop and all "juice drinks" (including 100% fruit juice) helps. Increasing physical activity is essential. Turn off the TV, the computers, the gaming devices, MOVE YOUR BODY. Get your family involved -- it's unlikely that you are the only member of your family who would benefit from these changes. If you can afford it, make an appointment with a registered dietitian for thorough, personalized recommendations. Check out the National Wt Control Registry for what works for MANY people, for LONG TERM, SAFE wt loss.
    http://www.nwcr.ws/Research/default.htm
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2011