How did your eating/tastes change when you were pregnant?

For me, before I was pregnant, I probably had one sweet or candy bar a week, and I absolutely HATED chocolate. I also always cooked our meals and maybe had take-out or pizza about once a week or every other week. Now I'm at the end of my pregnancy and have noticed my tastes have changed dramatically! I LOVE chocolate and have to have something sweet at least once a day! And I crave fried foods and cheeseburgers like there's no tomorrow!

How did your tastes change?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 3:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• All I wanted to eat was tacos and salad with olive oil, red vinegar, olives, feta cheese and nuts. It drove me husband crazy because the first 5 to 6 months, I was so picky about my food because almost everything made me sick. I actually woke him up in the middle of the night once because I was convinced the room smelled like salami and it was coming from him . I wouldn't let him sleep until he had a shower.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 6:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• YES. I also hated chocolate before my first pregnancy. I'm hooked now. My first was practically fed off See's Candy while in the womb. I also was able to tolerate milk while pregnant, but not before or after. I ate all kinds of food I never would have even tried before. As a result, I'm much less picky now. I like it.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I never ate chocolate until my third trimester. I have never been a sweet person in general. I ate it like crazy during my last trimester then right after I had him I went back to normal and quit eating it. It's weird what pregnancy can do.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• yes and it drove me crazy but thankfully they returned to normal after the birth!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• With my first all I wanted to eat was Subway Turkey and Swiss...My second was steak and I am not a huge meat eater....And now...my oldest asks for subway all the time and my youngest can eat a 16 oz all on his own...
    thats_karma

Answer by thats_karma at 3:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• well except for the rootbeer thing I hated rootbeer with a passion and I craved it and now love and and can't have it...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I wanted Subway too. It started out as a 6 inch sub w/ salt & vinegar chips and a grape soda. That soon lead to a footlong, extra black olives and mayo. I always wanted something sweet too, like candy but not chocolate - skittles, starburst and chewy sprees were my favorite. OH and pineapple milkshakes from DQ
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 7:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008