Am i overreacting? and sorta venting too

ok so pickd my 3yr dd up from her dads yesterday and when her and i were talkin she tells my the gf was calling me the bad word i asume that means bitch or something close to that. so i asked them about it in a txt since he doesnt answer my calls bc he says he dsent have the mins to..but anyways they tell me shes 3 nd that no one says anything bout me. ok yes i know shes 3 ty for noticeing but that is the first time shes ever said anything like that. plus they got really defensive when i asked, it just pisses me off bc i dont let anyone trash talk him when shes around its not fair to her..i think the worse thing ive said to her bout her dad was that hes stupid nd the only reason is bc she wnted to go over there nd spend time wit him he wouldnt call or txt for her to come over there nd she kept askin wheres daddy nd i wnt to see him things like that, and im done being the one who always takes the inshitive to get them to have a relationship. and to put the iceing on the cake they had her in shorts that were only 18mnths i mean really wtf the shorts werent tight tight but they were streached to the limit.i have had her in 3t for the last 2weeks or so, shes lil like 30lbs give or take. i mean yes there are still alot of 2t things that she can fit into but really buy things that r her size...am i really overreacting bout all this or do i have some ground??????

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 4:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• ignore it, believe me this is pittance to what will come as your kid gets older
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 4:11 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yea this is pretty small, but don't get me wrong im sure the gf did call u something. That's just immature on her part and wrong to do especially in front of or around YOUR daughter. I know its hard but really try to "pick your battles" because the wars are sure to come later. GL
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No you aren't being petty the girlfriend shouldn't be bad mouthing you period and it sounds like the father doesn't want to have a relationship with the daughter don't initiate it anymore. The daughter shouldn't have to go through all of that she knows you truly love her and as she gets older she will know her dad doesn't it should be all about the daughter and less stress on you. I wish you the best of luck.
    wwjd2007

Answer by wwjd2007 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yea its not a huge deal it jst pisses me off cuz he dsent stand up to that chick at all honestly im jst waiting 4them to screw up did time..until then im really not saying much there digging a big enough whole when thy post up on fb sayin thier drinkin wine shes underage..im picking and chooseing
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011