I know many people are going to call me stupid for asking this . . .

I've literally had a period now for over 3 weeks, coming up to 4, I started back on the birth control pill when the bleeding first started, this is the first period since child birth 5 months ago. Last night I was having quite sharp pains from my lower abdominal down to my vagina, I had about 4 of these sharp pain and they were quite strong, but then they stopped. Then I had a dream that I was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer! I'm trying to think if I'd seen anything on tv about this yesterday, something which may have caused such a random dream, but I cant think of anything which could have caused this dream. I've just looked up the symptoms for Ovarian cancer, and they don't mention 'sharp pains', but I'm still quite freaked out by it :s My dreams have never meant anything before, but I really don't know what caused me to have such a scary dream like that! I'm well under the age at most risk of getting this type of cancer. Anyone know of the symptoms?

No slating please,

thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Health

• After my C section, and started my period again, I bled for five weeks.... calling the nurse every week until she told me to come in... turns out there was still placental remains in my uterus and I had a D&C... no problems, just a ahem "clean out" I would venture to say that may be what's going on with you, but I agreee, get to the dr.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You are not stupid for asking, but seeing a doctor is always best when ill instead of asking random people. As for ovarian cancer, one of the reasons it is such a troublesome cancer is that you have NO symptoms, no pain at all, and what symptoms people do have are often thought to be due to something else. Odd are extremely good that you do NOT have ovarian cancer. But with that length of time with bleeding, I would definitely call my OB/GYN to see what he/she has to say.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 4:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• OH! poor Momma! Honestly I am not sure what would have caused the dreams other than something that you are afraid of. . . but you might want to get checked by your doctor. The pains don't sound good and you don't want to pass it off as nothing. Be safe and set up an appointment. GL and hugs
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 4:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No, don't know the symptoms but I'd go see your dr! It could be something else.... But prob best to check it out. And as for the dream, thoughts wonder and with how you're worrying, whats the worst thing that could happen in that area?! Brain always go to the worst (mine does constantly) and those thoughts go wild in dreams. But I'm no dr and that's probably the best person to ask :) GL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think I would call and make a Dr's appt right away to get checked out. I agree, I don't understand all the bleeding for such a length of time. I just don't think that's any kind of normal , even with getting back on the pill. It could be anything and I wouldn't take a chance in trying to wait and see if it stops soon because you've already waited over 4 weeks. Please Call your Dr..
    I hope it's nothing.
    GL.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 5:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Just go to the dr and get checked out.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• In the back of your mind you are probably worried that something is wrong. A 3 week period is not normal (and really sucks in the summer.) Just remember that birth control pills are hormones that mess with your body's natural way that it works. Your body already changed around giving birth and now you are taking a pill to confuse your body into not ovulating. Unfortunately it happens, but it is probably due to the hormones, not cancer.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:27 AM on Jun. 13, 2011