Is counting the babys movement really that important?

I never did that with my son and they just asked me last week to start doing that. I'll start then I forget and lose track so I just gave up cause I know she moves a lot. So is that something they really want to see or is it ok not to?

BabyGsMaMa13

Asked by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • if she moves a lot then no, if you notice no movement for extended periods of time then yes :)
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It depends on your situation and how far long you are. My grandmother was diabetic and four days before her baby was born it quit moving. She didn't think much of it being so close to the due date, but the baby was stillborn. It was heartbreaking. There must be a reason you are being told to do so. Good luck with your baby. I don't mean to frighten you, just wanted to give you an example of why it is important if they tell you to do so.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• if shes moving alot then dont worry about it but if you notice shes slowed down one day then yes lay on your left side and do your kick counts.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I don't worry about it. My baby moves enough. I may start doing kick counts if I don't feel her move as much but at this point (31 weeks) I would be counting into the 100's at two whole hours of counting.

I am like you tried but I lose track and forget about it.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Not if your baby is moving well. If you notice a decrease in movement it could be a good idea.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• She moves a lot and I don't have any problems. Oh and I'm 29 weeks..
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• im 30 weeks and havent counted, i feel the baby all day and all night. im already at the point if i rub or poke the baby pokes back, the only time to start counting is if you notice a decrease in movement.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My son moved a lot, so I did it, like, once a week.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2008