How can I style my hair beyond a pony tail?

I am not a extremely "girly" girl although its not my choice that I am not. I just have never had those skills. I have long hair that I usually keep in a braid or pony. I used to let it just hang down. I do not like to use tons of product or hot tools. I dont know of any other options.

gamermom81

Asked by gamermom81 at 6:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I will put mine up in a french roll, or take some hair from right about the ears and pull it over and back with combs or pretty bobby pins. Some times if a I have time I do a messy bun. Pull hair up in pony tail curl pieces and pin near the end of the curl near the head at the band holding the tail.
    daps

Answer by daps at 7:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• A girl I work with does this and it looks amazing. She puts it in a regular pony tail. Then she takes the pony tail up and pushes it through the hair behind the elastic and down again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:17 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If you just pull it back into a ponytail, try parting it on the side or from the side at a sort of diagonal, brushing it to the back from where the part is, and then putting it in a low ponytail. You can then either roll the hair in the pony into a bun, braid it into a bun, make multiple braids into a bun, twist small sections and pin them into a funky, squigly bun, etc. You could also put the pony/bun sort of off center at the nape of your neck, but not totally on the side, and add a flower or other funky barrette behind your ear.

There is actually a long hair forum on the net--you might check it out...and there are youtube vids with hair-do tutorials.

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2011