Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you get on insurance for free "womanly" check up's? I want to get checked out for a cyst or endemetriosis but i'm not sure if i'd get covered.

Tired of the pain! This has been going on for 3 years!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Health

Answers (4)
  • I would think most health insurance would cover this sort of thing, but your checkups may not be free. Most of the time there is a copay. Also, insurance premiums aren't cheap. Still, you will be better off if you go ahead and get some kind of insurance before you make your first appointments. Please do it soon before your condition worsens.

    Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • There is a number of places you can contact if you are not covered. Check with you local welfare office. They usually have a list of low cost to free health programs for things like this.

    Also some states have "women only" programs with low cost health insurance that they should be able to get you in contact with.

    You could also check out and see if there are providers in your area... It would run you $29.95/mo but would be a big help over paying out of pocket!!

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • Do you have insurance? If so check with them. If not, look into a program in your area for reduced fees for people without insurance.

    Answer by BJoan at 6:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • Just don't schedule the appointment as a well visit, schedule it for what you're going for: pain! It affects how it's coded in the computer and how it's billed. GL

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.