I want to get over my insecurities....need help from other Mom's pls

I feel that wherever I go I have to look my best, hair, make-up, clothes, ect. I know I'm insecure but I don't know how to get over it. I'm actually getting tired of "doing myself up" each day and envy those women who can walk around without make-up or go through the day with just sweats on and their hair disheveled. I feel that no one will like me if I look this way. I know I put a lot of emphasis on looks but that is how I was raised. I just want to be able to accept my natural look (I don't look awful or even ugly, just a plain jane without it). When I was younger (10-13yr) 2 popular boys called me a "dog" meaning ugly and it has stuck with me ever since..hence the insecurity. Why can't I get over it? I want to accept me for me but it's hard. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Could you pick up some literature at the bookstore? Maybe a self help book that has activities in it? You really have to remember that nobody cares as much as you do. Women are brainwashed into thinking that if they don't look a certain way, that they won't be accepted. But, really...have you ever seen a woman that was not made up and thought "I bet she is a horrible person, has no pride, a bad mother and wife and is doing nothing with herself or her life?" I, personally have never thought this. This is our biggest fear and it's completely unfounded.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 3:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• well are u ugly?
    if ur not...then get over it!
    dont b insecure...thats not good
    lol
    guys like confidence
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Just tell yourself that you are beautiful and that you don't need make-up to be or feel that way. Beauty comes from within ~ forget your past and move forward :) Plus it doesn't matter what others think of you, it's how you think of yourself that counts =)
    tampagal38

Answer by tampagal38 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2008