Any one dealing with a Reflux baby?

Anyone have a baby who has SEVERE reflux and if so any tips or things you have done that helped? My 5 month old DD has it so bad and I feel horrible. She is on nexium and it still is bad , currently working with her GI DR but any suggestions welcomed...

stacy1124

Asked by stacy1124 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our youngest grandchild had it really bad, and his pediatrician treated him with all nautral products. It was still rough for the first few months, but he is now 9 months and is doing great. I wish I could remember the names of the things he was given, but I'm sorry to say that I can't. I know that one of them was an enzyme and the other was a drop. The drops were pretty expensive, but they worked.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My 7 year old had it really bad when she was a newborn, she had it so bad that her throat was bleeding and she would spit up blood , I can't remember what she was on for it but after a couple weeks I started to see improvements and within a few months it was a lot better and now she doesn't have to take anything for it anymore.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My son doesn't have it anymore, but I had to switch to soy for his stomach, and he drank lots of water, also making sure to keep a log on when he does throw up etc, to be able to answers questions and pinpoint with a doctor. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Both of mine were refluxers. We tried Zantac, which did nothing. We put them on Prevacid, but it only helped a little. We added Reglan with the Prevacid, and they finally got relief! They both outgrew it around a year old.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:11 PM on Jun. 13, 2011