How many should I take?

I'm starting college in Aug. I will be going full time. I have 3 kids,but will have daycare for them. My biggest downfall is I am a perfectionist and soo afraid to be wrong that in high school I often did my homework/papers but never turned them in. I am over this fear now...i hope...I want to take anywhere from 3 to 5 classes. Should I start with 3 first and see how i handle it or just go for the max of 5 and hope I can handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• Start with three and see how it goes juggling everything. You can go for 5 in another semester. And turn the required coursework in!! Consider that you can't be anywhere near perfect, but closer to most imperfect, if you don't pass the work in! Best wishes in your studies.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I say go for broke. Child care is covered so you should have time to study. The sooner you finish the sooner you start earning money.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• do whatever you feel comfortable with and don't feel overwhelmed taking..maybe 3 or 4
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Why not do four. 5 is really pushing the envelope and you really need to get your feet wet.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• How many credit hours is that? 3 classes at 3 credits each is 9 hours toward graduation and not even considered full time. Then again you have kids so maybe full time isn't an option. I've taken labs that only count as 1 credit hour even though you are in the lab for 3-4 hours a week. I've been told that for every hour you spend in the classroom you should spend 3 hours preparing, studying, doing homework. For a regular college Freshman with nothing to do other than graduate on time, I recommend 16-19 credit hours per semester. For the mother of 3, you have to consider how much time and help you can expect.  Failure is not an option here.  Also keep in mind that 80% is a lot closer to 100% than zero is!

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011